The Dark Mod Forums

Dark Radiant no longer loads

Springheel

DR just started refusing to load today. Every time it gets to "initializing module xml registry", it crashes. The log file has nothing useful in it that I can see:

Started logging to C:/Users/Eric/AppData/Roaming/DarkRadiant/darkradiant.log

Today is: Thu Jun 27 17:18:52 2013

This is DarkRadiant 1.7.3 x64

gtkmm Version: 2.24.2

Module registered: LanguageManager

Current language setting:

Any ideas?

• Like 1

When it's working correctly, this pair of lines appears in the log file:

ModuleLoader: Loading module 'C:/Program Files/DarkRadiant173_060313/modules/xmlregistry.dll'
Module registered: XMLRegistry

So that tells us which file it's trying to load that it's failing on.

I deleted the module folder, reinstalled, and tried running it. Still crashed.

Can I delete the entire DarkRadiant folder and still keep my preferences somewhere?

You could copy the contents of AppData/Roaming/DarkRadiant elsewhere, then delete the DarkRadiant folder and see what happens at load time.

Once it's running again, you can copy back your files to DarkRadiant. If it crashes again, do all this all over again, but bring them back one at a time to see which one's causing the crash.

• Like 1

Thanks, that seems to work. If I copied everything from the roaming folder, it crashed. But if I just copied back colours, input and user.xml, it worked.

I don't think it's considered ninja'd when there's seven hours in between messages. :P

Weird I just got exact same problem. I blame Windows update. And everything else.

For some completely unknown to me reason, the bug also put all changes I'd made into the 'Default' later, from the past 2 days. Weird.

Edited by Kvorning