The Dark Mod Forums

How do i: spawn a gib and delete it 10s later

Bikerdude

Random in what way? The gib that gets spawned, or the origin it's given, or something else?

If you let a script handle it, the script spawns the gib, waits enough time for it to drop, then waits 10 more seconds, then removes the gib. If you want to handle more than one gib, the script can deal with each of them separately.

If you don't want to use a script, then you could hide the gib in your blue room, teleport it in when you need it, and let it fall into a trigger_once_entityname in the water that's looking for it. Put a 10 second delay on that trigger, and target it to a func_remove targeted at the gib. Do this for each gib.

That's two methods. Perhaps other folks can suggest even more.

Yeps, script would be like:

Entity e=sys.spawn ("moveablegib");

E.setOrigin (location);

(Possibly need to sys.target e here to make sure that the physics activate)

Sys.wait (10);

E.remove ();

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

As for the random part I am unsure but in terms of spawning it and moving it.

I would just create some gibs in a room not accessible to the player, teleport the gib to an area and start a trigger once/multiple that has a 10 second delay which teleports it back to the room.

That would be the easiest way without having to script but i'm unsure how you would solve the random placement part

If it's a random teleport position, there's a spawnarg for that:

"teleport_random_offset" "5 5 0"

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

- Baron Thomas Babington Macauley

Ah, so it should spawn over and over again repeatedly, not just once? Does it do it from map start?

I'd use a trigger_timer for that, which allows for the duration to be randomized.

spawnargs: "wait 10", "random 3", "start_on 1" <-- this would make it happen anywhere from 7-13 seconds at map start

http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Triggers#trigger_timer

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

- Baron Thomas Babington Macauley