The Dark Mod Forums

Alan Wake 90% off, leaving store next week

V-Man339

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15407/

Alan Wake is getting removed from digital stores due to expiring music licenses.

Before any of you ask, Alan Wake is a survival horror third person shooter from the guys who did Max Payne.

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

What the hell? How can it be possible to run out of music licenses in a ready final product? It just does not make any sense me and I've never seen entertainent expire in such a manner.

I recommend Alan Wake highly. Although the gameplay is a bit dull and repetitive, the story is great and how it is executed is an example how to do it correctly. It just table spoon feds you with story so that you are always engaged and crave for more. Also the soundtrack is awesome.

The American Nightmare is only gameplay with minimal/crappy story. Not worth of most people's time or money.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Hah, I'd say it's exactly the opposite, dialogues / monologues are like from cheap Stephen King wannabe story (that's the main character, basically), and the idea for gun / flashlight combat is weird, but the game is quite fun to play. Never finished it though.

In case someone is interested in 'Alan Wake's Amercian Nightmare', I would recommend checking on GoG, because they currently sell that one reduced by 90% as well.

The American Nightmare is only gameplay with minimal/crappy story. Not worth of most people's time or money.

Yes, but for 0.99 I've clicked the damn button :D

An you know, THE NAILGUN :D

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.