The Dark Mod Forums

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

bobrpggamer

Btw. there are loose ends that you can't do anything about, because the game is unfinished. Like you can search the pilot's place and find several secrets there, but you can't confront the him about that.

Exactly!

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Miller and McReady are perfect (but I expected a Miller MUCH MORE abusing :D like in the old trailer :P - I'm totally in love with the old trailer)

Chang and Fletcher are good.....but, as for the pilot, loose ends everywhere......

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

True. I was totally concinvced that the pilot is the bad guy, after the way he acted the whole time. :D

What was a bit annoying for me, throughout pretty much the whole game, were the typical political messages which are transported through the game. Evil banks and corporations, racism, of course the usual "50% of he population are gay, so you better respect them!" messages. Like in the Hollywood films these days. Makes you want to scream at them "Yes. OK! I can make up my own mind!". You know, it's really a thing which is very annoying these days, in almost all the media. Poor kids which grow up with stuff like that these days. Political education wherever you look, from the Lefties.

Edited by chakkman

Of course man, but the UI is intended for a TV+controller, not for a monitor+keyboard/mouse.

And this can make a TERRIFIC difference on a big number of choices, each with its cascade effects.....

Edited by lowenz

Deus Ex was ALWAYS about politics.

Yes, but, the original Deus Ex wasn't about forcing political opinions on the player. It also was about choosing which position you want to take in the game. Mankind Divided is rather like "Well, the corporates and bank are evil, and the hackers and oppressed are always good, but, we will let you choose to be an asshole or a good guy anyway".

On a second thought, maybe you're right, and it's more or less the same in the original, and i just don't take too kindly on that these days. :D Still, the racism/sexism/whatever is really omnipresent in any kind of media these days, and, it's just annoying. Treat you like you weren't able to think for yourself.

Edited by chakkman

Not so simple!

In DX or every "cyberpunk/postmodern" game:

*Corporates are necessary evil to maintain the system normal people enjoy

*Hackers are "conspiracy nuts" (cit.), kind of bohemian loons / Court of Miracle members not to be trusted (and pawns of corporate hackers - major players)

* Janus of the Jaggernaut Collective is literally a doubled-faced entity (remember the dialogue with Quinn in HR, it's Janus speaking :) )

*oppressed and good people can go psychotic as the main antagonist and be more brutal than bonefied - bona fide :D - criminals (DVALI)

So it's really not a black&white approach :) or a "leftist" take on these themes.

Edited by lowenz
  • Like 1