The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission : Hazard Pay by Kingsal 01/27/22

kingsal

• 3 months later...

This is my loudest mission. I wasn't spotted as much as I was falling back to the undead slayer mindset.
The atmosphere is great, no hiccups in sound design either, great voice work too.
I loved the fact that you have that OTHER key (and I can't believe it took me this long to notice security key)
Since "He doesn't need it anymore".

There are only two gripes I've had (aside from bruise ankles from all the drops)... The only survivor doesn't even react that I climbed up to him, I wish we could've left him some food at least.
The other being that I couldn't find one more blowtorch, if there wasn't one, then it's about making a choice (which is fine), but if there was I wish I found it.

Great map, really imposing.
Desert being death trap was great.

And I really like the fact that we essentially circle back to where we were on the way out.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Rio_Walker said:

The only survivor doesn't even react that I climbed up to him, I wish we could've left him some food at least.

Thanks for playing and Im glad you went loud, that was the intention or at least to tease players into killing some zombies.. Also I hear ya on the survivor, I had plans to give him some vocal lines and maybe some interactivity but I ran out of time. Maybe someday Ill go back in and update this mission :) 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kingsal said:

Thanks for playing and Im glad you went loud, that was the intention or at least to tease players into killing some zombies.. Also I hear ya on the survivor, I had plans to give him some vocal lines and maybe some interactivity but I ran out of time. Maybe someday Ill go back in and update this mission :) 

Those fire arrows are OP.
I mean... don't change them, but maybe have them react with holy water to increase range? XD (Is that a thing?)

You could, technically, make him either too parched to speak, mute altogether (hence why he lived, since he didn't scream and zombies didn't notice) or too shaken to talk.

Maybe write a little lore piece where the PC recognizes the survivor as someone who was a good man (unlike our slave driver) and could incite the Player to help him (with an optional mission)

Maybe have an option to bring him IN (if you found the other key) or bring him OUT (if you didn't) but you'd some food for both of you.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tuomas said:

Another failure by @kingsal. Firstly the mission is way too short. And like his other missions, the quality is supreme, keeps me playing and neglecting real life duties. Never feeling the frustration of getting stuck, never resolving to walkthrough material. Is it a sign of excellent design or rather a lack of challenge? Also extreme attention to detail, engaging maps from room to a room, gorgeous visually. I understand this is just a free-time effort for someone who could instead make money out of his skills but, I'm sure you could do better.

Ill do better! 😆

• Like 2