The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission : Moongate Ruckus🎻 (4/1/24)

kingsal

I've never felt more connected to a protagonist in any media! (though in my neighborhood its vehicles with loud engines or loud speakers, or both...)

stats:

Spoiler

I managed to get 4/4 secrets but missed about 150 loot

Finished.
This mission is utter genius.
Never change, kingsal, never change.

Now I would be curious about how other people solved the creative limit of 45 seconds :) 

• kingsal changed the title to Fan Mission : Moongate Ruckus🎻 (4/1/24)
On 4/2/2024 at 10:33 AM, datiswous said:

This comes out of nowhere. I first thought this was an April 1 joke.

Me too. Also the other FMs which were released on the 1st of April.

Not a fan of speedruns, so, that optional objective will be just ignored. ;)

Edited by chakkman

Okay, I give up, I'm incompetent. Can someone post how they did the speedrun? Use spoiler text please - don't want to ruin it for anyone else.

Spoiler

I can't make the leap out of the window to the ledge. I can run and get the vine arrow and use it to get up the wall across the moat, but that takes me more than 60 seconds. What am I missing?

8 minutes ago, joebarnin said:

Okay, I give up, I'm incompetent. Can someone post how they did the speedrun? Use spoiler text please - don't want to ruin it for anyone else.

So I 

Spoiler

jumped from the open window in the starting apartment. It is VERY hard, but it is possible. That is the only way I've managed to complete the objective. spend a bit of time practicing the jump, but you can make it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am quiet confused.

Spoiler

I took my gear and sneak past the city watch, used the elevator, got up to the window where the music comes. But the room is empty, only a statue and a globe. I can't get the music off.

So far I liked the city area with its verticals and the home of the protagonist.

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, SeriousToni said:

I am quiet confused.

Hide contents

I took my gear and sneak past the city watch, used the elevator, got up to the window where the music comes. But the room is empty, only a statue and a globe. I can't get the music off.

So far I liked the city area with its verticals and the home of the protagonist.

The room is suppose to be inaccessible, I think you got up somewhere I didn't intent for players to get to:(

Light hint: 

Spoiler

Just head back down to street level and explore the area just after the electric bridge, where your neighbor's house is.  

Stong hint:

Spoiler

Go back down from where you are. After the electric bridge while facing the large metal gate, , make a right, go past the tree,  then take a left and get behind your neighbors building. Turn off all the electric boxes. There are four. 

Edited by kingsal

1 hour ago, kingsal said:

The room is suppose to be inaccessible, I think you got up somewhere I didn't intent for players to get to:(

Light hint: 

Hide contents

Just head back down to street level and explore the area just after the electric bridge, where your neighbor's house is.  

Stong hint:

Hide contents

Go back down from where you are. After the electric bridge while facing the large metal gate, , make a right, go past the tree,  then take a left and get behind your neighbors building. Turn off all the electric boxes. There are four. 

I got up from the stone wall in front of the window. There are a few higher brushes that made me able to jump and mantle into the window.

Thanks for your hints! Nice mission BTW

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

On 4/5/2024 at 9:51 PM, Amadeus said:

It is VERY hard, but it is possible.

REALY ??? 
i needed to think out of the Boxes !! 

Edit :  after is been told : Fire-arrow - done with 3sec left !  ✌️🫢😇

and what is the moral of the story - you should know your neighborhood

Edited by Bergante

52 minutes ago, datiswous said:

The nicest thing of electronical music is that you can turn it off..

one thing i tried  (by thinking out of the Box) for the time-limit ;
I changed to settings - audio - and pulled every loudness control - down to 0
the other (because a normal Jump doesn´t worked for me ; I committed suicide in the Channel 👻

58 minutes ago, chakkman said:

Blasphemy!

depends on the art of music 
for many (not only electronic) it´s often the best way to hear it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

YeeY, I succeeded the 45 second challenge!!
It's not hard at all : P
I'm not telling how ofc : )

Spoiler

But you have to make sure you have a running start .. ^^

Also, I like these "little" missions with extra challenges, like the quite common "secrets" (only found one so far) .. and a very rare "time challenge" only added to my enjoyment!

All of you "april fools missions" contributors: it was a real treat!

Edited by STRUNK