The Dark Mod Forums

Could not acquire frame buffer lock

I've been on DR 3.8 for a while, but today it started giving me an error with the title "Real Hard DarkRadiant Failure" and message "Could not acquire frame buffer lock", "Break into the debugger?". Regardless of whether I press Yes or No, the next message is "Unhandled exception", "An unhandled exception occurred. Press Abort to terminate etc.". If I press Abort or Retry on this message the top row of buttons (File, Edit, View etc.) flash rapidly and then DR shuts down. If I press Ignore I can continue using the program, but as soon as I interact with the UI the error message comes up again.

So far I already tried to wipe my user settings in AppData/Roaming, but it made no difference.

Turns out this happens exactly after I start foobar2000. Completely closing down foobar2000 doesn't cure it, but restarting the PC does.

I'm on Windows 11 with v2.0 x64 of Foobar2000, DR version is 3.8. I have one custom component installed: UPnP MediaRenderer Output. I wanted that component to stream audio from my laptop to my internet radio (Imperial Dabman i200), but it barely works because the radio constantly has to pause to rebuffer and after a minute or two the connection breaks off completely.

It also seems that Windows Explorer has started crashing whenever I try to open a folder after foobar2000 has been started. Not to mention my internet browser getting frequent lag spikes after I started using Youtube music in it.

System stability sure took a nosedive recently with these audio fumblings... Doing a full virus scan now to be sure.

15 hours ago, Dragofer said:

I wanted that component to stream audio from my laptop to my internet radio (Imperial Dabman i200)

I used to have a Squizebox Classic which played music stored on a netbook (MSI Wind) with Linux on it. Later I moved to using a tablet for that.

Now I have my whole music collection on my phone (Musicolet app) and play it back via a bluetooth DAC connected to the amp.

• Like 1