Jump to content
The Dark Mod Forums


Active Developer
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Dragofer last won the day on September 25

Dragofer had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

1270 Deity


About Dragofer

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Gender

Recent Profile Visitors

1672 profile views
  1. This is actually a bug with scriptobjects which set up their own S/R the way you've done in your init. I was stumped on this for ages, wondering why the variables don't carry over between functions (always 0), until it occurred to me to use a different method to call the script object i.e. via the frob_action_script spawnarg.
  2. Seems I had that problem in 2010: Thread: DefTokeniser: no more tokens
  3. Other venues towards making ragdolls invisible would be: - set the "AIuse" spawnarg to something like "-" - use actual ragdoll entities instead of killing AIs - or show the ragdolls to the undead in a blue room so they can freak out there without being seen, give them time to relax before teleporting them to the playable area For making the lute music stop, only thing that comes to mind now is to make an invisible objective that checks whether the AI is dead or alerted to level 3+, and triggers the speaker once.
  4. You could disable the visual stims emitted by those AIs, in the same script that kills / knocks them out. $name_of_ai.StimEnable(14, 0); 14 is the ID# of visual stims (found in script/tdm_stim_response.script), 0 is to disable. (If they start ragdolled at map start you can just disable the visual stim in the S/R Editor). One method is to encase him in a brush of nodrawsolid and apply health 1000. If you want to go further you could make a looping script that refreshes his health every few seconds. For never becoming alert, you can set all his acuities to 0.
  5. That sounds like your Windows user-specific configuration for DR might be glitched, would be worth going to /name of your user/AppData/Roaming/DarkRadiant/ and deleting or submitting your user.xml as part of a bug report.
  6. When attaching entities to AIs, the entities sometimes need to be rotated by putting spawnargs into their entity defs which specify their rotation and offset compared to a specific joint (in this case: something attached to the joint "velvetcap_1"). "angles_velvetcap_1" "90 90 0" "origin_velvetcap_1" "3 1.2 .2" I think if you specify a name_attach5 in addition to the def_attach5, for example "lute", then you can skip modifying the entity def and instead apply a spawnarg like "set angles_velvetcap_1 on lute" "90 90 0". This is why you sometimes have
  7. You need to copy from a brush's surface onto a patch, and the brush surface has to be on the same plane as the patch. This is a 2D projection, so it'll work best for flat patches.
  8. If the statue should just be in the default position you could export it as an .ase model. No need for the extra complexity of a ragdoll underneath the hood. The entity's name is atdm_env_ragdoll_werebeast_steele_1, but it doesn't look rotation-hacked and doesn't have special settings otherwise.
  9. Obsttorte wrote a script based on the player's view angles (statues that only move when the player's not looking at them): object statue_look { void init(); void loopLook(); vector viewDir; vector direction; float cosine; float tolerance; }; void statue_look::init() { thread loopLook(); } void statue_look::loopLook() { while(1) { if (distanceTo($player1)<1024) { viewDir=sys.angToForward($player1.getViewAngles()); direction=getOrigin()-$player1.getOrigin(); cosine=viewDir*direction/sys.vecLength(direction); direction_z=0; if (cosine<sys.cos($player1.getFov(
  10. I've checked beforehand, quake 4 seems to use idtech4 so it should be comparable?
  11. There is this From this thread in 2014. Looks like the creator doesn't respond to messages though, at least back in 2014.
  12. Expanding on this, you can: 1) Create a patch with a generous number of rows and columns 2) Open the Patch Inspector (shift s), enable fixed subdivisions and set to i.e. horizontal 5 and vertical 5. 2) At the top, Patch > Bulge Patch. This randomly deforms the patch. May need to manually drag down some of the vertices again to avoid knife edges. If you keep posting into this thread Id suggest renaming it to i.e. mattmkb's Mapping Thread.
  13. I'm not aware of a tutorial, but the mission Exhumed has a more open skybox that gives the illusion of extending the landscape into the horizon beyond the map's boundaries.
  14. For punctual information, I find wiki.thedarkmod.com to be most helpful, for example when wanting to find everything about how to setup various doors and behaviours related to them. The DR userguide is more for learning about using the program's interface. For broader intros to mapping, it's definitely recommended to look at the video mapping workshops by veteran mappers (I know that those by Springheel or Sotha are detailed and up to date), which walk the viewer through the creation of a small mission. There's also a text-based tutorial on the wiki by Fidcal, but it's very old by now and
  15. There are a few options: type in testmap mapname into the console, which combines dmap and then map. This is risky when you're only beginning to make maps because the map will load even if there's a leak without any warning. create a custom shortcut that starts TDM and automatically loads or compiles a map bind the console commands to dmap/map/testmap your map to hotkeys by typing for example this into the console: bind "p" "map mapname". This works only if you're already loaded into the map. as of 2.09, which is slated for entering beta at the end of 2020, there'll b
  • Create New...