The Dark Mod Forums

House Guard

Springheel

Corth sent me the textures and the maya file for the HouseGuard. I don't have anything that can open a .mb file...does anyone know what needs to be done to get it in game?

Yeah, Corth said it was a maya file. But I don't have Maya, so what should I do with it?

Thanks, that was helpful. If you can:

1. Give me a copy of Maya, or

2. Tell me who has it,

then I'll be happy to pick an option. :)

I don't know who has Maya installed. Corth is obviously no longer with us, and Oddity is also gone for now. I had Maya installed a long time ago, but apparently this would not be of much use for you. :)

If the model is already triangulated, UV mapped and textured I could try to import it into Blender and get it into Doom 3 this way.

Gerhard

I know it was already textured, because we had screenshots of it in the editor some time ago. I'm not 100% sure what files Corth sent me though, because he said he had a HD crash and lost some things. All of the textures are here, and I guess the .mb file is the model itself...I don't remember seeing a material or def file though.

Anyone else have maya that can take a look at it?

Ok Squill, I've uploaded the files to the ftp. It's under the /models/ folder, HG.rar

Opened up in maya 7. It's just the model + full rig. No animations.

Most of the textures are there, sword, teeth, tongue, eyes(?) textures are not included. Only the facial bones are bind to the head. The body is not so the skin weights have yet to be painted again.

Is that something you can handle, Squill? I know very little about modeling.

Not animating, necessarily, but just sorting out what needs to be done to get him in game.

well i think getting it ingame is not difficult if the animations are set.

main things are, as far as i see, getting it ready for animation, animate and writing a def/material file for export. Don't know if the others models where done with maya... But getting it out of maya is just simply exporting.

is that what you need to know?

It's possible to get a model in game without being animated, isn't it? I just mean the ability to import it with the editor. Once that's done, then we can pass it to our animators to do something with (once Oddity gets back).