The Dark Mod Forums

Main Menu During Game

Springheel

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The button code works and the settings "restart" code, but my version is outdated. It'd be nice if I could get the updated version to plug the code into so that we dont have to splice it all in (there's a fair amount of changes to make everything function). It now I iwhs I was on CVS.

The button code works and the settings "restart" code, but my version is outdated. It'd be nice if I could get the updated version to plug the code into so that we dont have to splice it all in (there's a fair amount of changes to make everything function). It now I iwhs I was on CVS.

If you still have your key around, then you should be able to access CVS now. I reenabled your account.

Gerhard

Ok, it's up on FTP, called mainmenu--jan07.rar.

It's got all the mainmenu assets as well as the .gui file...I think that's everything you need to be up to date.

Alright thanks, I'll still try to get CVS up. As I said Spar it connects and gives me the mesage appears tobe loading but nothing happens. I left it for a good while while I was away( maybe 20-30 min) but it didnt even begin updating anything. It ried creating a new checkout repository but that didn't appear to work. What might I try next?

Waiting 20-30 minutes is not unusual at all. If nothing happens after an hour, then something might be amiss. I'd delete your entire repository and do a full checkout from scratch.

Alright thanks, I'll still try to get CVS up. As I said Spar it connects and gives me the mesage appears tobe loading but nothing happens. I left it for a good while while I was away( maybe 20-30 min) but it didnt even begin updating anything. It ried creating a new checkout repository but that didn't appear to work. What might I try next?

Maybe you can't reach my system? :( I looked into the log and I never saw your connect, which means that you didn't even make it. I know that some people had problems with this, especially from the US, but apparently not all. I think Gild or greebo talks to some company if they would take over the CVS hosting. And I still hope that I can afford a dedicated server, but that will still have to wait at least two months. Yeah, I know I keep saying that for more than a year now, but hope dies last. :)

Gerhard

I think Gild or greebo talks to some company if they would take over the CVS hosting.

That was my suggestion, and I think New Horizon was supposed to contact them. I PMed him asking if he'd done it and he hasn't responded, so I don't know what's going on there.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Ah, okay. That's good. Just hoping it hadn't dropped off the radar. :)

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

• 4 weeks later...

So, Napalm, are you getting set up on SVN?

It would be nice to get those changes of yours updated, because the next thing we want to do is add all our new keys to the control menu, and that's going to require discussing scrollbars.

Rawrr at real life. I have the resume game and exit to main menu stuff set up and have the mod finally synced up. I noticed some problems with the fade ins you added. I'll post the updated stuff as soon as I can, but heres other things that I need to remember to do

-Fix fade ins- noevents untill faded

-set fade ins to reoccur when disconnect

-fix so when game crashes form map menu restarts

-restet menu when returning to game

-make warnings for restart changes work with left click???? (for some reaosn they only work with right, I do not get this at all but will have it sorted out soon enough)

Also I need a "return" main menu button and mouseover.

Theres a couple other minor errors, but I want to finish up these things and get started on load game functionality.