The Dark Mod Forums

Forums upgraded!

modetwo

The "remember me" box on the login doesn't seem to be working for me. I have to log in every time.

I'm using firefox here and IE at work. On all 4 machines I have to log in every day now, where before it did that automatically.

Hmm, that could be. I'll have to keep an eye and see when specifically it happens.

• 1 month later...

I get this as well. Rather, I got it for a week or so, a few weeks ago. Now it has started up again, and worse than ever. I'll often be in the middle of looking at new posts, and it'll inform me "This menu has been disabled" and that I must log in to see member forums. These past few days, this will happen perhaps 4 times a day. Very odd. By contrast, I visit first thing in the morning, and all is fine (later today, I'll be forced to login a bunch again though, I am sure). Not sure what the heck is going on.

I've force-refreshed the page, and purged the cookies. Rather not wipe my entire browser history for one site which is having an off-and-on prob; rather hoping it's just an invision board bug. The only thing that has changed here recently is that last week I installed flashblocker and adblocker, but they're both disabled.

For me I usually have to login every time I use a new machine. Not always, but usually.

I have to login once when I get to work, then once when I get home, every day. While I'm still at work (or still at home) I can visit the forums multiple times and still be logged in, even after closing my browser, restarting laptop, etc. It seems to only require a new login from me when the IP changes.

Perhaps your ISP at work or wherever you are is somehow alternating IPs?

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

This is happening to me a lot recently, too, and I'm always on the same computer ... not switching.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

You mean when changing machines? That might be a security measure to stop cookie stealing etc.

In fact, I cannot see how you cannot _not_ login from each machine, without putting yourself at risk that everyone else can also log in for you. *ponders*

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Why you have to log in multiple times at the same session from the same computer is beyond me, can't say I've heard about such issues in the current version, nor have I ever experienced it myself.

The only thing that changed from the old version to the current version was this setting:

Create a stronghold auto-log in cookie?

If enabled, when a member logs in, an additional cookie is set which contains geographic information in a crypt to make cookie stealing almost impossible.

~m2

• 3 weeks later...

Did I read somewhere that someone was not getting email notifications? This is starting to happen to me now. Not 100% but I suspected it yesterday then this morning I check a thread to find an answer nearly three hours old but I've not got any email yet. I always set immediate email notification.