6 replies to this topic

#1 stgatilov

stgatilov

Lead Programmer

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1359 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 03:19 AM

I am experimenting with TDM versioning and updates, and have problem with TDM 2.05.

When I run it, it has very weird graphics: bumpmapping is absent, and lighting is rather weird in general.

Here is the screenshot:

Spoiler

I recall that I ran TDM 2.05 during TDM 2.06 beta phase and later, and it worked properly. I am 80% sure that I have correct packages and they did not change.

However, I updated video driver for my GeForce 1050ti, and I suspect that this is the issue.

I wanted to ask someone who still has TDM 2.05 and NVIDIA hardware to check if it works well.

Or maybe someone else can help me diagnose the problem.

I need to know whether my current TDM 2.05 installation is buggy or not.

• Anderson likes this

#2 grayman

grayman

Master Builder, Coder

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12802 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 05:32 AM

Mine looks okay.

I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960.

Attached File  bar.jpg   116.21KB   0 downloads

#3 duzenko

duzenko

Advanced Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1974 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 05:41 AM

How about rename darkmod.cfg and start with an empty one?

#4 Judith

Judith

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1830 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 06:27 AM

I have 2.05 as well, and it works fine on GTX 1060. But I'm not using some older drivers.

#5 Anderson

Anderson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1127 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 07:38 AM

If your installation is buggy, you can try to download TDM in another hard drive disc, off a clean slate and cross out any culprit regarding faulty files.

What is your Nvidia driver version? 

Edited by Anderson, 02 December 2018 - 08:06 AM.

• teh_saccade likes this

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

#6 stgatilov

stgatilov

Lead Programmer

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1359 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:07 AM

Thank you everyone for your answers!

How about rename darkmod.cfg and start with an empty one?

I have nuked darkmod.cfg and started from scratch, and it works well now.

In fact, I have reinstalled drivers, rebooted machine several times. Moreover, I had two separate 2.05 installations, and both of them failed in same way.

In one of them I started TDM 2.06 executable also, which most likely corrupted cfg file (changed e.g. normalCompression). Although I don't know why the second installation did not work  :o

Anyway, that was my fault.

Sorry for bothering  :unsure:

#7 Anderson

Anderson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1127 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:34 AM

Yeah, best to have a backup folder of TDM for testing when something goes wrong. Maybe even in a separate disc on your memory, if possible - just not to confuse things.

• teh_saccade likes this

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users