• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#26 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37336 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 12:51 PM

As the only one doing concept sketches so far, I've basically been trying to aim for an artistic style somewhere between T1/2 and T3. Take a look at some of the textures that have been developed...the doors/windows, etc will give you some examples of the architecture we are dealing with. Otherwise, feel free to do some rough sketches and share them in the Art forum. I'd be happy to work with you coming up with a theme.

Edited by Springheel, 12 September 2004 - 12:51 PM.

TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#27 Darkness_Falls

Darkness_Falls

Concept Artist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2548 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 02:04 PM

Sounds good! Thanks for the info. I've visited the home and checked out some of the artwork so far. Lookin' good --> http://www.mindplace...rkmod/index.htm

#28 Guest_kyo_*

Guest_kyo_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2004 - 11:30 AM

[FONT=Courier][SIZE=1]i want to join if help is still needed. my site is located here: http://www.expression.edu/~kyoxchan

aim: kyoxchan
email: locvngo@yahoo.com

#29 oofnish

oofnish

• PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 11:36 AM

Nice samples on your site! If my opinion counts, you're hired! :)

#30 Fingernail

Fingernail

Mod Founder

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3210 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 11:49 AM

You're getting an email, my friend.

#31 DeepOmega

DeepOmega

• PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:42 PM

Holy shit, Kyo.

Yeah, um, hire him. Now plzthx.

#32 Fingernail

Fingernail

Mod Founder

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3210 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:47 PM

I sent an email; twitching with anticipation
at the absent reply
perhaps finally we have discovered,
the root of all happiness

:D

Extract from my first anthology of poetry, 'This isn't a real anthology of poetry'.

#33 Darkness_Falls

Darkness_Falls

Concept Artist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2548 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:59 PM

All in favor of Kyo say "Aye!" :)

I think it's a given ;o)

#34 kyo

kyo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 05:42 PM

hi again ! thank you for the warm welcome. i'm glad to be a part of this and hope my contributions to the team will make a difference. well, i'm just here anxiously waiting to get my hands on some work or some more info to start off! thanks again.

#35 DeepOmega

DeepOmega

• PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 06:11 PM

Well, Kyo, speaking for myself I think it'd be rather nice for you to get to work on the non-human character models - burricks, spiders, zombies, and suchlike. I'd ask springheel or one of our other concept artists to knock you up some sketches for it.

Good to have you with us!

#36 Subjective Effect

Subjective Effect

Advanced Member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPip
  • 1046 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 06:16 PM

kyo, that work on your site is beautiful. The Dark Mod is certainly picking up the members. Good luck guys.
I want your brain... to make his heart... beat faster.

#37 Renzatic

Renzatic

I <3 Kool-Aid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2314 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 08:48 PM

All in favor of Kyo say "Aye!" :)

I think it's a given ;o)

Whoa damn...AYE!

Get him onboard!

#38 Phantom

Phantom

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 10:49 PM

kyo is definantly worth having onboard, kudos to all the great work displayed in the samples.
--=| Phantom |=--
Thief Underground

#39 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2004 - 08:53 AM

heyho, i heard that you need artist. well, i got some experience in 3dsmax and would be glad if i could help you.

i registered in this forum as fjonan but never recieved an e-mail to finish the registration, can someone fix this?

in time id be glad to show you some of my works but i havent loaded them up to some webspace, yet.

#40 Fingernail

Fingernail

Mod Founder

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3210 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 09:49 AM

Your account has now been activated. Just login.

As for samples, you're not getting in until we've seen some work, so, the quicker the happier, as I always doth quoth.

#41 kyo

kyo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 11:54 AM

hey guys. just checking back at the forum to let you guys know that i'm still here and awaiting directions. i've only started looking around the dark mod forums, but havent yet seen everything, ill continue on to see what resources / info is available.

well, fingernail or whoever's in charge , when you have some work for me, just email. thanks .

btwy, forums is an ok way to get informed, but what we really need is an irc channel.

#42 Fingernail

Fingernail

Mod Founder

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3210 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 11:56 AM

we have an irc channel.

join us....NOOW. Actually I'm not on right now - going out in 5 mins, but I'll be back later.

Here is the IRC info:

server 69.200.100.162
then, when connected,
/join #darkmod

that's all. And thanks for still being around. Check the 3D forum and Weekly Targets forum for general stuff.

#43 Fjonan

Fjonan

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 06:01 PM

http://www.webskylin...entid=2438&sid=

this is a truck, a try of makin something high poly, well unfinished an untextured, as you can see i already made the mirrios and windscreen wipers

its about 1000 polys and far from finished. it was just to learn max.

my cashregister, hast 152 polys, the texture is not final but you get the idea. the
model is for an iso perspectiv game i am developing with friends, thats why it is so low-poly

something bout me:

im a game developer as a profession. especially for additional level design, modelling, balancing, testing. you can call me teh "glue" between the big important parts that make up a game. the invisible data, the balancing. im experienced in photoshop, max, soundforge, several level editors (unrealEd my favourite), mass editing game entities, balancing.

i got a special skill in finding bugs, my collegues hate me for it.

the company i work for is named Sixteen Tons wich just released the not so pretty Gotcha! and is currently working on Emergency 3. I work(ed) for both games as said the graphical and leveldesign support, physic balancing´, testing

in my spare time i write, design some games (no kidding), build levels if i got the time, and of course play a lot. no special genre, i love to kill in rage as i love to sneak, build up citys, think about puzzles or try to kick someones ass with my car.

i love thief from the first hour, and i am disappointed about the fact, that there is no level editor for thief: deadly shadows.

pictures from a level i made with unrealEd 3 for ut2k3 can be found here

Attached Files

Edited by Fjonan, 27 September 2004 - 06:14 PM.

#44 Renzatic

Renzatic

I <3 Kool-Aid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2314 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 07:09 PM

You've got some nice credentials, and your register model is fairly slick looking...lets see what ole Fingernail has to say, cuz we really could use a good prop artist at the moment.

#45 Fingernail

Fingernail

Mod Founder

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3210 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:50 AM

Sure thing bro. Looks pretty sick. :lol:

#46 Guest_Guest_Nefs_*

Guest_Guest_Nefs_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2004 - 11:06 AM

I would like to help!

I know you probably already have enough concept artists, but I would still like to contribute to your wonderful project. I have been drawing and sketching for the past lifetime, I've done some EXTREMELY minor work for other people, community service type stuff. I'm also pretty good with photoshop, though my copy is busted ATM.
I loved the thief games, I love the thief world, and I love the thief artwork.
My photoshop skills are mostly photomanipulation, but I can do a wee bit of digital painting. My freehand skills are mostly sketching characters and I can also sketch environments.

Here is an example of some of my stuff:

Posted Image

Posted Image

This stuff is done in photoshop, with a webcam. I've also got a nikon coolpix, so I can take high res stuff and make some extremely theify looking stuff. I will get my freehand stuff up to show you asap, just need to run it through the scanner.

(BTW, I registered but it still says I'm a guest, wtf?)

#47 Fingernail

Fingernail

Mod Founder

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3210 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 11:14 AM

you may have registered. You need to follow the link in the validation email, and then you can login.

Either way, I'd like to see some sketches before making a final decision.

#48 Fjonan

Fjonan

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 11:16 AM

Sure thing bro. Looks pretty sick. :lol:

does this mean you dont like it? :o

#49 Fingernail

Fingernail

Mod Founder

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3210 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 11:18 AM

It means they're good. But in British stupid-slang.

In the future, I'll refrain from colloquialisms. :rolleyes:

#50 Fjonan

Fjonan

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 11:22 AM

oh thanks, i already discovered that you made me a team member.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users