The Dark Mod Forums

Odd Head Placement on AI

Springheel

Can anyone confirm that they did or did not see the guard below with his head twisted backwards, looking at the ceiling? He's in the room with the

ceiling that opens

. This is the second time I've seen a weird head-placement in an FM, and someone is reporting another on in the public forums.

post-9-12648669729_thumb.jpg

No, I didin't see/experience that, that I noticed.

But it obviously happened to you.

And someone else.

(Also, I think you screenshot is toooooo brightened or gammaed-up. I kind of can't really see what it is you are talking about {though I basically get it})

(Also? Only 95 in Jewels? You suck.)

(Also? I'm just kidding about one of the comments above.)

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

And someone else.

Who?

This is a bit worrisome if it just happened to me, as none of my files should be different from anyone else. So why would I experience this problem with the head rotation? I also noticed that the builder heads in Melan's mission were floating a few units higher than they should be, yet I could see nothing in his pk4 where he adjusted them.

and someone is reporting another on in the public forums

I was just going off of this... not the same FM but... anyway I saw you'd come across a clue in that other thread; thought that had maybe resolved it, so I decided not to actually check by going into the mission, but I will now and report back.

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

Can anyone confirm that they did or did not see the guard below with his head twisted backwards, looking at the ceiling?

I think I can remember that it happend one time with the other guard in the floor when testing this map, but it was not as "freaky" like that one. but it can't be happend more then one time because otherwise I would remember it clearly.

Ich konnte mich nicht erinnern Teleportation gezaubert zu haben und doch stand ich da... alleine und nackt.

I went back in...

And opened the skylight... even shot some arrows up there to get someone to look up... didn't happen

My guys were level-headed, solid citizens. With "good heads on their shoulders" despite being royalist loyalists!

shot0001570.jpg

shot0001470.jpg

Strange. Have people been noticing AI with heads in weird places, or twisted unnaturally, in other FMs?

Not seen this particular one (not even sure which FM it is) but from time to time saw this or turned sideways locked in position. I reported this with the noble in Chalice. There was a time when he always looked hard left. A minute or so later as he patrolled round the room and turned his head then turned full right. It was as though he was locked in as far as possible to look west. No animations at all like yawning etc but he walked around OK.

It was suggested at the time it might be caused by a (low?) alert locking on to the player target but the player then goes no_target and the AI remains locked on his last position.

This one above is beyond just looking at a specific spot...the AI's head was twisted so that it was lying on its side looking up at the ceiling. It behaved normally other than that.

I've got a ragdoll in my mission (which hasn't been released cos its about 38% done) male noble, in water, with the head 2 feet away from corpse. If its caused by the water, then I'll place him above the water and let him drop in, or someplace nearby that doesn't break the mission storyline, but isnt in water. the water's not moveable so theres no func_forcefield in it. Unless the water dis attached his head turning them into two objects, which floated down in two opposite directions. But the body cant be picked up, turned the option off, and so neither is the head pickup able.

I also had a thief AI in my mission when building the terrain and testing some lights, to make sure I got the height of things right, never had any problems with the head on the thief.

Am using the install from the release in november, downloaded in december, and installed it then, dont have any of the previous files from months before december.

As for the guard in the top post, I knocked him out first chance I got, but the game saves after I did it became unloadable. due to invalid token '}'.

Edited by stumpy

I've got a ragdoll in my mission (which hasn't been released cos its about 38% done) male noble, in water, with the head 2 feet away from corpse.

That's an actual bug that will be fixed next update.