• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A simpel mousemat

mat.jpg

I'd use a more yellowish font color, tho. And the clock is wrong, the hour hand is too far compared to the minute hand :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

I would order 4 Dark Mugs just in case my girlfriend smashes one.

The mousepad and T-shirt I want, too!!

I very like the radiant/figure-logo!

And this "reveals some "secret" text when you pour hot beverages into it" would be very cool, too! If it´s possible to do that on your conditions...

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

Well, let me know if you find something to seriously go ahead with. I'll make some designs if it gets to that point.

Ok I've heard back. We had a pressed-for-time conversation between gmail chat and a cell phone, but it was mostly productive. I found out:

[Disclaimer: this is not set in stone. He has not conferred with his partner yet, so these are off the cuff]

- pricing sounds quite good. Ballpark estimation is about $10-$12 US for an individual order, give or take. (I would assume international orders run extra)

- bulk pricing would be lower

- black is available as t-shirt

- when I showed him the TDM logo, he said "should be no problem"

- there are various levels of detail available, and I gather that might affect price, so we have to figure out what specifics are for that.

- "we need vector art", "Illustrator", whatever that means to those in the know.

Toward that end, he told me to have a rep contact him directly for details, examples, etc, so I'll PM the contact address to Springheel.

Edit: TDM + DR on one shirt? Mmmmm...

Toward that end, he told me to have a rep contact him directly for details, examples, etc, so I'll PM the contact address to Springheel.

I'd rather not be the contact person, actually. This job is really, really low on my list of mod priorities. While I don't mind putting an image or two together once all the details are in, I don't really want to be responsible for finding out what they are.

Vector art means it needs to be infinitely scalable (not bitmaps {by which is meant not bmps, jpgs, gifs... not anything that is just a representation of the image in a fixed resolution of pixels}).

I imagine grebo's thing above is some form of vector art. All the lines are mathematical vectors. Svgs are such. Illustrator, as he said, works primary in this realm. DR for instance works like this (I've seen y'all talk about "tweaking and twisting nodes").

As pure vector art that clockwork thing would be very large. As would any of the nice grainy images from the TDM menu that I was hoping to see on a shirt or mug.

BTW, that price seems very low. How "durable" would these shirts be? Specifically, I'm more interested in the "ink" than the material of the cloth here. IOW, since that price is so low, it's alomst a given that we would likely need to option up a good cotton or maybe blend shirt, but none of it will matter if the transfer is no good anyway.

Edited by aidakeeley

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

I'd rather not be the contact person, actually

Okay, I'll press for more detail, and/or if desired, you could go ahead with the knowledge that the end result might have to be bumped down in resolution or color, and design accordingly.

Beyond that, I don't know specifics about the shirts.

Edit: and there he is

Edit2: He's also a very skilled programmer so I think you guys should try to convince him to program for TDM. All of my attempts have failed.

Hi. I am the t-shirt guy.

The price is so low because we are a semi-large shop, and we have arrangements with wholesalers for obtaining relatively cheap "blanks". Those are the garments upon which we print custom images. Normally we bulk order hundreds or thousands of blanks for large events (races, sporting events, etc.). Occasionally we do small runs, and that's why I offered to help with this.

Garment printing is significantly different than, e.g., printing on poster board. There are many factors that come into play, including the type of ink, the type of fabric, the fabric weave, etc. We can manufacture pretty much anything you desire, however cost will come into play the more "advanced" you want to get.

I'm happy to do a regular print (on a decent-quality shirt) using spot color printing, which will turn out quite well, last a long time, and be very durable. I am also doing it for SneaksieDave, since he is a friend of mine and I have watched TDM (through him) develop over the past several years. Therefore, there are no setup costs, screen fees, or any of that garbage.

Alternatively, you can easily use any of the popular internet shirt-printing companies, and I can certainly point you to a few of them. I suspect the quality will not be what you desire, and it will be printed on a big automatic press, without any opportunity to proof the final design, or work with the printer one-on-one to develop the final garment, etc. And it will cost about the same.

I'm happy to work with someone/anyone from TDM who would like to spearhead the collaboration, assuming you want to use Rastertec. As has already been mentioned, vector art is required in order for us to make a proper print. There will also be questions about the precise shirt style/quality/color/etc.

Let me know. I can be reached through this board, or directly: db ((at)) rastertec.com.

Thanks.

db

BTW, that price seems very low. How "durable" would these shirts be? Specifically, I'm more interested in the "ink" than the material of the cloth here. IOW, since that price is so low, it's alomst a given that we would likely need to option up a good cotton or maybe blend shirt, but none of it will matter if the transfer is no good anyway.

I'm happy to do a regular print (on a decent-quality shirt) using spot color printing, which will turn out quite well, last a long time, and be very durable.

"Spot Color Printing" -- that's the kind of info I was hoping you could provide. Thanks. :)

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

"Spot Color Printing" -- that's the kind of info I was hoping you could provide. Thanks. :)

Sure. Your logo has a very dark/grunge look, so it would be spot color printing with half-tones, probably 2 or 3 colors (depending on the final artwork, I'd need to see something to have a definite idea). We could even use discharge inks to get a nice soft and natural look to it (assuming cotton shirts). Whatever you want, we can arrange.

Any other questions, let me know.

db

Any other questions, let me know.

db

Welcome :) I guess you are American, so what would the oversee shipping be at? A lot of people seem to come from Europe. We probably need to pool the shipment, tho.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

Welcome :) I guess you are American, so what would the oversee shipping be at? A lot of people seem to come from Europe. We probably need to pool the shipment, tho.

Yes, we are on the east coast of the US. Shipping to Europe should not be a problem. We don't do it often, so I can't give you a price off the top of my head. Whatever it is, we would only charge actual shipping cost from our location.

db

I just checked the USPS flat-rate international shipping: looks to be approximately $13 to ship to London. Adjust according to your location.

db

I can offer to redistribute in Europe and to colect the orders from the good folk her (for bulk ordering) but first on the agenda would be to come up with 2 maby 3 diffrent designs for T-Shirts!

Edited by Nielsen74

I was dicking around with Inkscape while waiting for a download to finish. This is about an hour and a half's work...

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B3KUZe06PPyDNWRkN2FjMjEtYzAyNi00YmQxLTg0NDUtM2U4ZDI4OTZhOWI2&hl=en

It can be viewed in browser provided you are not using Internet Explorer and you can edit it if you download Inkscape.

I was dicking around with Inkscape while waiting for a download to finish. This is about an hour and a half's work...

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B3KUZe06PPyDNWRkN2FjMjEtYzAyNi00YmQxLTg0NDUtM2U4ZDI4OTZhOWI2&hl=en

It can be viewed in browser provided you are not using Internet Explorer and you can edit it if you download Inkscape.

Nice work, but the clock is still wrong :)