The Dark Mod Forums

got no moon

stumpy

the moon textures only seems to exist as a _ed texture and dds textures and nothing else so while it appears in darkradiant it doesn't appear in game it looks as though my video card will only display tga and jpg textures but not the dds textures, am also getting a shader not found error with all the moon textures in the 3d window in darkradiant.

when selecting the starry1_moon_full image in darkradiant which is a blend blend image it appears in the texture selection window, but the image doesn't appear in the 3d window in the editor, but it does appears in game, now with it not appearing in the 3d editor image getting it to line up is a bit of a pain cause you have to move it a bit, then dmap the map, and check it in game, and repeat till its where you want it to be.

Am not using a prefab skybox, I can easily make it myself, well apart from the moon image not being displayed.

screen.jpg

The fact that you can see the moon in the texture browser means that there is an editor image. What version of Dark Radiant are you using?

(oh, and might I recommend using the Surface Inspector, and using it to 'fit' the moon texture 1x1 on that face.)

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

in my vert contest entry, I customized the moon_full shader a bit, mostly just to add a spectrum to it. Kept the same editor image. But when I started using it in DR, it actually showed up properly in the camera view. Bit of a head scratcher.

well the material file defines the moon textures as

{

blend blend

map <moon picture dds>

}

and theres no picture in the 3d window, but the moon appears in game

creating a seperate shader file as

{

blend add

map <moon picture tga>

}

and the moon picture displays in the 3d window, but not in game.

it looks like there's a shader problem somewhere.

Edited by stumpy

Seems to be completely black for me in camera mode. This used to work OK so it's not the shader that is wrong. Can you file a report on bugtracker in the Dark Radiant section. For now you might try another non-rendering brush/patch on top of it so at least you can see where it is in DR. For example, your alternate shader is ideal. You could put the two patches together and convert them to func_static so if you need to move it then both patches move together. One shows in DR while the other shows in-game.