The Dark Mod Forums

Where do nI put the TDM FM's?

gloria creep

7.04 mb? That sounds like you only have the tdm updater file, the mod should be a few gigs. smile.gif If it's taking awhile to download, then you must be on the right track now.

I Dl'd it several times ..... all of these files came along ... took more than an hour, so I guess I should have DL'd all ???

Gloria.

When I look at my DarkMod-folder at the bottom, Windows count there 1,68 GB. If i select all (Edit->Select All) and then look at Properties it counts 1,89 GB. Did you do this?

As I run the updater the first time I waited surely 5 hours minimum!

Did the updater say at the end 'Enjoy DarkMod, Press ENTER to exit'?

And did you say what Operating System you use? Can´t see it...

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

Keep at it Gloria. We're all here to help you. ^_^

This reminds me. It wouldn't be a bad idea to make a video tutorial of all the steps to get Dark Mod working.

Edit: I forgot! Komag already made just such a video tutorial. [Edit2: And now I see Springheel already posted that by the time I remembered and edited this.]

@Gloria, go to Komag's page, and at the top you'll see a link link this, or use the direct link quoted below:

March 29, 2010 - Komag Tutorial HD Videos!

* Get them all here or on the Downloads page

* Installing Doom 3 (720-30p 244MB, 17:03, 6mbps)

* Installing The Dark Mod (720-30p 112MB, 13:26, 6mbps)

Download and watch the "Installing the Dark Mod" video and see if you're doing anything differently.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

This reminds me. It wouldn't be a bad idea to make a video tutorial of all the steps to get Dark Mod working and putting it up on YouTube

Komag has done exactly that already: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD_s7ftsQdc&feature=PlayList&p=DF3468B8BA6287BA&playnext_from=PL&index=0&playnext=1

7.04 mb? That sounds like you only have the tdm updater file, the mod should be a few gigs. smile.gif If it's taking awhile to download, then you must be on the right track now.

Yes I agree, but I Dl'd the "update" for some time now, and it took a lot of time, so I wonder where IT is installed?

I'm really a Nerd here ... or perhaps the Beautifull part of the team ..... yes I think so! tongue.gif

Well, I'm lost here.

I tried to DL a picture of the file, but it backfired on me!wub.gif

so, now I'm really stuck!

Gloria.

Yes I agree, but I Dl'd the "update" for some time now, and it took a lot of time, so I wonder where IT is installed?

It should install into the same folder where you put the tdm_update.exe file and ran that file. That's why you want to put it in your darkmod folder first.

so, now I'm really stuck!

Gloria.

Gloria, please watch Komag's video that me and Springheel both linked to in the posts above yours, and tell us if you did anything differently than Komag does in that video, or if you did exactly the same things.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Ok, I will.

I retried earlier this evening and it took hours and hours to DL. I though it was OK, since I also told my firewall to but out ...... ended up with 0 kB.

I'll look into it again tomorrow. I rechecked the file to put it into, so I really don't know what's happening here.

Thanks demagogue and others for being this patient with me.

Gloria creep.

Hey gloria smile.gif wellcome to the other side wink.gif

If you hav run the tdm_update.exe and it´s run for forever, it´s properly ok unsure.gif you could just make another shortcut on the desktop to the doom3 folder and then copy/pastel this >"C:\Program Files\DOOM3\Doom3.exe" +set fs_game darkmod< (leve out the ><) in the (right click the icon) characteristic/destination box and then run TDM from that!

By the way, is this a place where the difference between "Doom 3" and "Doom3" folder names matter? Anyway, Gloria, be sure your Doom 3 folder is named "Doom3", with no space.

Gloria: The updater doesn't work with some firewalls. It doesn't work with mine so if this is the case your time is just being wasted waiting because nothing is happening.

The only solution I know of is to to turn off the firewall, run the updater, then turn on the firewall again after.

Do you know what firewall you have?

When you run tdm_update.exe, if you only see:

TDM Updater v0.46 (c) 2009-2010 by tels & greebo. Part of The Dark Mod (http://w
ww.thedarkmod.com).

and it does not show any further text then it may be hanging because it cannot get through a firewall. As a test, close tdm_update, set your firewall to enable all, then run tdm_update.exe again. In this state it is like you have left the door of your house unlocked so don't leave it longer than necessary. If you now see a flow of text in tdm_update indicating progress then that will confirm it was the firewall blocking it. Stop it by closing tdm_update then set your firewall to normal.

Normally a firewall will popup a message when a new program tries to access the net. Try giving the firewall permission to let tdm_update.exe through (see your firewall help.)

If you have already done the above but it still does not proceed then your only option might be to set the firewall to enable all and keep an eye on it while you run tdm_update. Make sure tdm_update shows progress otherwise stop it and re-enable the firewall. If it does show progress then check back every 10 or 20 minutes until it confirms it is up to date and finished. Then re-enable your firewall. In other words don't leave your PC unprotected for longer than necessary. You should have anti-virus software too of course so you won't be completely unprotected.

First check out for Doom 3 patch installation bug:

If you install Doom 3 in a folder named Doom 3

C:\games\Doom 3

The patch will try to install itself in Doom3 (see, no spaces ><)

C:\games\Doom3 <- argh

Solution:

option 1)uninstall D3 and reinstall it in a folder named Doom3 instead <- best approach?

option 2)correct the patch installation to reach the Doom 3 folder <-not tested

option 3)if you don't want reinstall game and patch, grab the patch files in Doom3 and copy them to Doom 3. <- what I did

If your game is

C:\games\Doom 3

create inside a folder named "darkmod"

C:\games\Doom 3\darkmod

and put the updater there.

Run the updater and you should get something like this:

th_20100717104529_darkmod2.jpg