The Dark Mod Forums

Weapon Bug

Bjorn

Hey there,

In the 1.02 release the mousewheel behaves badly in regards to weapon switching, it's possible that you were trying to scroll weapons and it hid because of that.

Try using the number keys to switch directly to the desired weapon. This has been fixed for the upcoming 1.03, if it is the problem you're having.

Hope that helps, let me know if its another issue and we can look into it :)

This has been fixed for the upcoming 1.03, if it is the problem you're having.

But 1.03 is not due out for how long?

Has any consideration been given to releasing 1.03 now and whatever still needs working on later as part of 1.04? I believe the delay in 1.03 is holding back a few missions as well as tying up these fixed elements.

Oh great! I was just going on this from Springheel. I mean if the team is saying at least two months and the release date originally was four months ago I would realistically predict another three or four months whereas even two months is not really soon. :wacko:

Well, two months isn't all that long...especially to the mod team trying to get the update ready.

At this stage in development, splitting the mod into a release branch (stripping out features we haven't finished) would create more work than it's worth. We'll get it out as soon as we can. Everyone just has to be patient. We're working as hard as we can on this.

If someone out there with C++ compiling experience wanted to upload a mouse-wheel patched version of TDM v1.02 to the torrents I'm sure it would pacify a couple of the grumpy folks.

The patch is attached to this tracker entry:

http://bugs.angua.at/view.php?id=2234

I'm not asking the Team to do it, as they are busy on the next release but if any coders are out there and want to help it'll take a little pressure off the team regarding the next release (not that whining really adds much pressure, it'll be done when it's done...). :)

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I'm sorry I don't mean to be whining or grumpy its just that when I look at the page you refered me to nbor1more here I see that the 1.03 update is only 73% accomplished and 4 mothes delayed wiht 4 new unassigned tasks. I know that there are many good things to come but still don't understand why the list would keep growing rather than making them part of a future update.

At this stage in development, splitting the mod into a release branch (stripping out features we haven't finished) would create more work than it's worth

This I understand. The continually growing list with new unassigned features and fixes I think is what has me wondering. That and the idea of getting 1.03 released in the heart of what is certainly going to be the busiest time of the year for most evryone as far as personal time goes. I just trying to see if maybe these considerations are valid not trying to whine.

when I look at the page you refered me to nbor1more here I see that the 1.03 update is only 73% accomplished and 4 mothes delayed wiht 4 new unassigned tasks.

Don't pay any particular attention to those numbers. For multiple reasons that page is not really a good indicator of what needs to be done before the next release. I have no idea who thought 25/06/2010 would be a valid release date, for example, since we weren't even talking about the release yet at that point. My slightly informed opinion is that the end of November is likely, assuming everything goes smoothly between now and then (which is a significant assumption).

The bugtracker software has the annoying habit of filling out the "Target Version" field with the upcoming release version when you file a new entry. This way it's possible that "new" and "acknowledged" entries are appearing on the roadmap which doesn't make sense at all.

The release date is just a placeholder, nothing more. When creating a new "Version" I have to assign something to the "scheduled release date" field that's how June got in there.

Sorry Aprilsister.

I was just trying to be silly because I know this mouse-wheel bug is one of LEGION's (our resident wildman of the forums :laugh: , in close competition with myself... :unsure: ) pet peeves about v1.02.

I didn't mean to accuse you of bitching and moaning.

We are all curious about the release schedule and what the wizards of Broken Glass Studios are up to... :ph34r:

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

... because I know this mouse-wheel bug is one of LEGION's (our resident wildman of the forums :laugh: , in close competition with myself... :unsure: ) pet peeves about v1.02.

Hehe, nice. I´d like to have 'resident wildman' beneath my avatar instead of 'Advanced Member', though 'Ambiance Addict' I´d like a little bit more...

Erm, yes, I still have

wet

dreams of someone releasing a little patch to fix this bug. Though, compiling the whole mod for such a little fix a month before release, well, it´s not that worth the effort I guess... :blush:

Why can´t there be an inventory.def-file where you can set 'Fix weapon-bug' from '0' to '1'? If I were god things were much more easy, oh, I´m drifting again...

While we´re at it, when 1.03 comes out, where will the fix will be in? In some .dll or what?

Edited by LEGION

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more