The Dark Mod Forums

Lightgem The Third

sparhawk

Well I'll do a basic verson of the compass model for now. IF TYROT wants to do a more detailed version later, it can easily be dropped in.

At least you'll be able to get the settings right with this one.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'll do  a basic verson of the compass model for now. IF TYROT wants to do a more detailed version later, it can easily be dropped in.

At least you'll be able to get the settings right with this one.

Sounds great. We basically just need to get the basic version of it in there with a skin slapped on it. Tweaking can happen later on. Just getting it to function is what we need at the moment. Much appreciated.

I uploaded the classic gem to the mics. folder on the FTP. I think a setting of 150, 30 in the GUI is right, t makes it about the sie of the T3 gem.

I also upload the basic compass LWO and textures.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

i thought for the gem/compass combo, the gem was going to stay stationary like in TYROT's video: http://www.tyrot.com/lgem.avi

That would be my preference anyways. This way you don't need to worry about rotating the actual gem in 360 degrees.

So when do we get to release THOSE screenshots. ;)

Damn good. Now, to come up with an equally good healthbar.

I'll wait until we see what the other compass/gem combo looks like in game. BT, if you are still doing the texture for it, can you try to make the colour scheme for the metal and gem match up with the classic model above? That would make my life easier. :)

edit: btw, is this on CVS yet? I'm dying to try it out.

So when do we get to release THOSE screenshots. ;)

Damn good. Now, to come up with an equally good healthbar.

I'll wait until we see what the other compass/gem combo looks like in game. BT, if you are still doing the texture for it, can you try to make the colour scheme for the metal and gem match up with the classic model above? That would make my life easier. :)

edit: btw, is this on CVS yet? I'm dying to try it out.

I'll update it right away

I'll wait until we see what the other compass/gem combo looks like in game.  BT, if you are still doing the texture for it, can you try to make the colour scheme for the metal and gem match up with the classic model above?  That would make my life easier. :)

I think oDDity is doing the compass now and he's got the metal-texture of the classic-lightgem anyway, so I guess there's no work for me.

he's got the metal-texture of the classic-lightgem anyway, so I guess there's no work for me.

Hey, if you want some work, there's a whole batch of unskinned models.... ;)

Just watched the lightem ingame and this classic one looks REALLY great! :) Perfect! :)

Now I have one other question. Ho can I get the hands back? I want to see them for the lightgem testing because they perfectly show the state the lightgem should have and so I can match it.

Gerhard

oDDity - if you've got some spare time (bad joke he?) can you take a look at it? I'm really desperate :( I asked at d3world.org for help, but everything I tried yet didn't work.

Where is it and whats the problem?

The shots are still missing some AI though, that'll really be the cake icing. :ph34r:

- Emil Zola

character models site

I just cut the middle polys away. IT uses less and looks the same anyway.

I'm not so sure about having the metal handles just pasted on as part of the texture though. It'd be better to have them as separate little boxes with alpha maps.

post-5-1107806995.jpg

- Emil Zola

character models site