The Dark Mod Forums

TDM in the Press and on the Web

Tels

I can't believe it has already been such a long time. TDM v1.0 seems like yesterday and I clearly can still remember all the excitement (and internal discussions) about Thief's Den and then Saint Lucia. All the hard work, all the time the team spent here. And yet, I am still excited. Still putting in a lot of work, and even tho some people have moved on, there are still people contributing to TDM, and the FMs are rolling in more and more! Great times!

So I thought I'd compile a small list of the more important mentions of TDM here. If you have others (more than a copied blurb or 10 lines, tho!), feel free to post them.

Magazines and Press

Reviews and mentions:

In other languages:

External download locations:

External Communities:

• S.T.E.A.M. (Er,lost my password, how do I recover it?)

And last but not least:

Largely unrelated:

Last updated: 2011-02-01

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

I wrote at the 2 important german magazines that they could have another look at the mod, i wrote at their forums and at Thief4 news I write smth about TDM but no big reaction ;( !

The magazines are too busy writing about games easy without story and gameplay... Instead they write about ultra graphic games .. ;(

• S.T.E.A.M. (Er,lost my password, how do I recover it?)

Usually this is done the usual way: Find and klick the "I forgot my password" link and wait for the e-mail. I would really love to help you here, since I'm the only other member of our Steam community, but it's quite some time ago that Steam forgot my pw. Sorry.

I wrote at the 2 important german magazines that they could have another look at the mod, i wrote at their forums and at Thief4 news I write smth about TDM but no big reaction ;( !

The magazines are too busy writing about games easy without story and gameplay... Instead they write about ultra graphic games .. ;(

Same here. I had hoped to interest Fabian from Gamestar for TDM, after he mentioned in an article that he would love to play a modernized version of Thief again, but I got exactly zero reaction. :(

Edited by 7upMan

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

Usually this is done the usual way: Find and klick the "I forgot my password" link and wait for the e-mail. I would really love to help you here, since I'm the only other member of our Steam community, but it's quite some time ago that Steam forgot my pw. Sorry.

I think I might not bother anymore, I can't find a "I lost my password" link on the entire community page, and the normal Steam Support makes you click through dozend pages only to give you a "start steam and we might be able to help you recover your account". Problem is, I don't even have Steam.... nor windows.

Same here. I had hoped to interest Fabian from Gamestar for TDM, after he mentioned in an article that he would love to play a modernized version of Thief again, but I got exactly zero reaction. :(

Maybe someone needs to call them? Or send the a "press kit" on real paper?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

I think I might not bother anymore, I can't find a "I lost my password" link on the entire community page, and the normal Steam Support makes you click through dozend pages only to give you a "start steam and we might be able to help you recover your account". Problem is, I don't even have Steam.... nor windows.

Well, without the Steam client you'll have no luck, unless you write to the Steam support. They can send you a password re-activation (or whatever it's called). Also, doesn't Wine support Steam? How about emulating the Mac OS version of it?

Well, without the Steam client you'll have no luck, unless you write to the Steam support. They can send you a password re-activation (or whatever it's called). Also, doesn't Wine support Steam? How about emulating the Mac OS version of it?

Er, I just wanted to click a butto and enter a new password, not spending days fiddlign with software. Won't bother with it unless somebody else really needs the steam community.

that steam community is private, not public, if it was public there probably would be more members, but as its private no one can join unless invited first.

I can't change the Steam community's status to public, though Tels had made me Admin. Apparently only the owner can do that.

Tels: I'll have to look myself how and where to write to to get a p/w reset done. There must be a way, but I'm too tired to attempt to do this now.