The Dark Mod Forums

New Assignments

Springheel

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot I already did a jewelry box, but there's no harm in having two. I'll have this game ready pretty soon.

How are we handling these contaniers anyway. Are we having them as md5meshs and anims, so when you frob them the lid swings open,m and then you can look in and frob the loot? THat would be the best way.

post-5-1111155009.jpg

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

That's not even needed. It depends though how we make the chests. If we do them like T1/T2 had, so that you open the chest and the loot is immediately transfered to your account *leech* we need a seperate class. If they are like in T3 so that you just can open them, but you have to grab the stuff yourself, then we don't even need that.

Gerhard

I think we all prefer the T3 method, where the loot doesn't automatically pop out.

• 1 month later...

I think we all prefer the T3 method, where the loot doesn't automatically pop out.

Yes, I feel this is one thing that wasn't done well in T2. Loot/items shouldn't leech into your inventory when a chest is opened. It was hard to figure out how much loot you acquired; and I think sometimes hard to figure out what item you just picked up. See oDD, we all know the LGS gods didn't get *everything* right ;)

Edited by Darkness_Falls

I don't know...DeepO pops in and out. I don't know that he ever put them on the ftp site. But even if he did, I think his might have been a little too high-poly anyway.

As far as animation, the handle is the only thing that will have to move. I don't know anything about how that affects the model though.