The Dark Mod Forums

TDM Mission Release Schedule

Springheel

Really stellar! When I joined the forum people seemed to be a bit doom and gloom about FMs being released this year - this past month has made up for a slower start. =3

Edited by Glyph Seeker

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

Not to kick a man when he's down but we really need a TDS version of that for comparison :laugh:

(Though, some smart-ass will come along and complain that the trend in not an exponential curve... <_< )

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Nice job!

Actually, #48 is mine, due out on Friday. :)

But... but I wanted to do some editing work on the weekend! :laugh: (And wash the grime decals off my windows)

Edited by Melan

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Very cool! I fired up Openoffice Spreadsheet and added the total, then made this graph:

post-144-13093641728_thumb.png

Oh, and while the options you have for formatting graphs in OO suck (you seemingly can only choose from predefined colors and can't change some texts at all grr), you don't have to take my word for it that the trend is linear:

post-144-130936467264_thumb.png

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Fascinating! So it seems.. What's the equation? We must make some predictions with it..... :laugh:

It's 1.96 * x + 5.96 - which is roughly 2 * x + 6, or in other words roughly 2 missions per month. There were 24 releases in 2010, and in 7 Months of 2011 there were 10 missions, so we lag a bit behind this year :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

Reconstructing it in Excel, the equation is y = 1,9639x + 5,961 with an R^2 of 0,9776 (which is considered "goddamn that's a high R^2" in statistics). Therefore, we can safely draw the conclusion that in June 2051, there will be 948.633 TDM missions to play with. B)

Edited by Melan

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Reconstructing it in Excel, the equation is y = 1,9639x + 5,961 with an R^2 of 0,9776 (which is considered "goddamn that's a high R^2" in statistics). Therefore, we can safely draw the conclusion that in June 2051, there will be 948.633 TDM missions to play with. B)

Shit, I think we need to add filters and special views to the in-game downloader, or the user will scroll 35 minutes until he gets to the end of the list, wearing out 3 mouse buttons in the process...

Not to mention an alert system that will flash "Don't forget to take your meds, pops!" every once in a while. ;)

I wanted to update the stats with the size of the FMs combined, but before I do so, I wonder what the exact source is. The stats from Springheel show 7 missions released in 09/2009 - but there are actually only 3 listed:

http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Fan_Missions_for_The_Dark_Mod

Outpost, Thieves Den and Saint Lucia. Not 7.

So I rechecked everything, and noticed I forgot 05/2011 - oops. But still, I come to 50 missions with Springs stats, and 46 with the wiki. Never 48. Is there something missing from the wiki list?

Greenish - old

Redisch - new

post-144-130945549874_thumb.jpg

The stats from Springheel show 7 missions released in 09/2009 - but there are actually only 3 listed:

I included the demos in October 2009, even though they were released earlier. I also counted the training mission as a "mission". That totals 7.

The wiki lists NHAT as one mission, when it is actually 3. My graph also includes my mission, which is being released tomorrow.

I included the demos in October 2009, even though they were released earlier. I also counted the training mission as a "mission". That totals 7.

Ah, ok, I missed the training mission, and the demos. I think I leave it at that, tho, as they are not "real" FMS (e.g. things you can play now, except the training misison, which is borderline).

The wiki lists NHAT as one mission, when it is actually 3.

Ah, ok, I fix that.

My graph also includes my mission, which is being released tomorrow.

That is included in mine, too :)

I think I leave it at that, tho, as they are not "real" FMS (e.g. things you can play now

You can play them now that they've been re-released. I didn't count updates to previously released maps in my graph though.

The seven for October are:

Thiefs Den

Tears of St. Lucia

Outpost

Training Mission

Crown of Penitence

Chalice of Kings

Patently Dangerous

You can play them now that they've been re-released.

Ah, OK I got these, too, I was confused from your description.

I didn't count updates to previously released maps in my graph though.

Neither did I (but this makes TDM all the better :)

Anyway, I am still confused.

The seven for October are:

Thiefs Den

Tears of St. Lucia

Outpost

Training Mission

Crown of Penitence

Chalice of Kings

Patently Dangerous

Ok, I think we are somehow off the dates here, as I used the wiki and it lists these:

Thief's Den                    2008-01-18
Tears of Saint Lucia           2008-10-21
Outpost, The                   2008-12-23
Chalice of Kings, The          2009-10-15
Crown of Penitence, The        2009-10-16
Dark Mod Training Mission, The 2009-10-17
Patently Dangerous             2009-10-31

So I have 3 in 09/2009 (the ones from 2008), and 4 in 10/2009 (including the training mission it seems).

Edit: AHH I see, I started with 09/2009 transcribing your graph, and somewhere along the line made a mistake. Anyway, I based my new graph solely on the wiki, so it should be correct now.