The Dark Mod Forums

Beta testers required

Bikerdude

I would be happy to do it. I've got two machines. The one I built a wile ago and this junker I assembled from spare parts when I was bored.

P4 3.06 GHz, 1.75 GB RAM, GeForce 7600GS Your updated version of RTC is very playable on such an old machine.

Edited by lost_soul

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

I fear I will be on a prolonged PC ban this week. My wife has been cracking the whip trying to get me to the Doctor's office to check my cholesterol (etc). Adding insult to injury: my mother-in-law just clipped-out an article about "Computer Game Addiction" for me to read. (As if my paltry at-home PC time can in any way be equated to a WOW addiction :laugh: )

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I fear I will be on a prolonged PC ban this week. My wife has been cracking the whip trying to get me to the Doctor's office to check my cholesterol (etc).

Wait, does that mean you are grotesquely overweight? In other words: An average American? ;)

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

Nah, not grotesque. Just a beer-gut.

The whole first world is populated with disproportionately overweight people so anyone claiming to be from a country where fatties are non-existent is admitting to being from an impoverished place (and a place with no "IT industry"). :P

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Computer game addiction? You mean like playing Quake 2 multi-player all night? How about playing a game all through out the day? I've seriously had it where I join a game and (hours later) every other player has left and been replaced, but I'm still there... lol

I've seriously had it where I join a game and (hours later) every other player has left and been replaced, but I'm still there... lol

LOL sounds like a typical Counter-Strike session for me. ^_^

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

Am I the only one who cannot access that? I'm signed in. but when I click it it says the system isn't sure what board this topic belongs on or something. Then I'm signed out.

EDIT: Nevermind. It is because my primary browser is set to permanent private mode and doesn't retain cookies.

Edited by lost_soul

Cool. Will download this evening.

As for computer addiction... guilty as charged! And proud of it! Though I haven't really been playing games lately, unless running dmap and mission testing count.

American, yes. Beer gut, yes. Morbidly obese or otherwise grossly overweight, no. Texan? Hell no!! Though I do reside there. Northern Californian for life, no matter where I rest my head.

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

• 1 month later...

Hey Biker,

Just wanted to let you know that I would be happy to Beta test TDM FMs :) I have 2 months until college starts again so I have plenty of time, then I'll have the weekends :)

Out of pure boredom I started playing around with Dark Radiant, but realized I need to buy a mouse with a control wheel, the touch pad zoom function isn't cutting it.

I've only had problems with 2 FMs so far, your Dragon's Claw (which I'm downloading again right now) it kept getting stuck in the middle of a street and 'The Thieves' which crashed TDM so bad I had to erase the PK4 file in the FM folder and the one in the Dark Mod folder to be able to launch TDM at all. Never bothered with that one again. When I get home I'll try that one on the desktop instead.

Just let me know :) You got my e-mail...

(Not on my machine, In Europé, but it works excellent )

My hobby built desktop is: XFX Play Hard-nVidia nForce 790i Ultra SLI

Onboard is:

CPU: Intel Socket 775

VGA: nVidia GeForce EVGA GTX-260

RAM: DDRIII 16Gb

HDD: 2 Tb

All service packs and latest drivers installed.

I just avoided that street, nothing there anyway. Finished it too :)

-Biker, I was referring to future missions :) I know you're always working on something TDM...

As for my mission, once I get the hang of DR I'm gonna base my FM on 'The White Lady' at Bamberger Castle in the UK still have some research to do about the story of that ghost. Got most of the layout of the castle over the years & lots of pics when I was there :)

(Not on my machine, In Europé, but it works excellent )

My hobby built desktop is: XFX Play Hard-nVidia nForce 790i Ultra SLI

Onboard is:

CPU: Intel Socket 775

VGA: nVidia GeForce EVGA GTX-260

RAM: DDRIII 16Gb

HDD: 2 Tb

All service packs and latest drivers installed.