The Dark Mod Forums

Help required: The Elixir

Bikerdude

What about The Elixir?

I've hit a bit of a mappers/writers block, with regards this mission so would like some help!

1. I would like some one with previous mapping experience as a bunch of mapping work still need to be done. Obsttorte has offered to help with this, btu the more help the merrier.
  2. The story needs fleshing out some more, as nbhor1more started the story he is continueing to work on this.
  3. The briefing, cutscenes, in-game conversations need to be done - Obsttorte has offered to help with this.

The WIP thread:

- http://forums.thedar...-fm-the-elixir/

The story:

(credit nbhor1more)

A wealthy lord is selling a secret "elixir" that claims to have all sorts of beneficial properties for health. A local merchant has heard that this "elixir" is a sham and plans on selling a copied version of it. He has hired you to steal a well-known artifact from the wealthy lord to "prove" that you've also stolen the formula (or the actual elixir) to

a gullible (yet influential ) customer who will then convince others to try the new elixir.

Moneyshots:

post-496-0-47327600-1374487920_thumb.jpg

post-496-0-14453100-1374487784_thumb.jpg

how to implement it in the map

Not a houndred percent sure what this means, but I can lay you a hand in regards to setup conversations/in-game cutscenes or similar.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

• Not a houndred percent sure what this means,
  • but I can lay you a hand in regards to setup conversations/in-game cutscenes or similar.

• Think of RTTC v2 where Melan and myself worked on that mission, but on that occasion I was co-author
  • Grand, as I'm not very good at these.

Well, I'm not a very good writer, but as said if you need some DR things done, just ask :smile:

I don't understand what is needed? A story and a plot line? I like writing stories and plots. What kind of story do you need? Do you need characters (fleshing out the Merchat and the Lord) as well? Please be exact what kind of help you do need. I don't have time to implement anything in DR, but could have time to write stuff into txt files and send them around.

I don't understand the simplified plot either.

Why would the merchant want to sell the copies of the elixir, if it is a sham?

If you are interested, we could discuss on PM.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Well...

Where Biker and I left off, I had this secondary plot idea where the Lord was really trying to practice real magic or necromancy.

So "The Elixir" was real for a chosen few but fake for anyone not in the inner circle. That additional plot point was something I wanted

in to add a hint of "Lord Edmond Entertains" to the mission but I didn't necessarily need it in there. I was willing to scrap the idea

and simplify... thus this was my last request:

For the meat and potatoes of the story (without the magical stuff) we still need:

1) The large Bath that the nobles used to bathe in Elixir

2) The Elixir creation room. Could look like a lab or kitchen.

(If we keep the some of the magic story or Lord Barrington madness story,

we could have a skeleton strapped to a chair in there...)

3) A large parlor or dance hall where Lord Barrington has his big parties

4) (Maybe) An outdoor garden area where the moonlight rituals are held

5) Some maze type basement areas to avoid guards and servants

If you have a different direction in mind, let me know and I will revise accordingly.

I will bump our messenger conversation. I would enjoy continuing this work but if you need a more productive

author or just want someone else on the project please add them to the messenger conversation so they

can see what I was up to :)

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I would like some one with previous mapping experience as a bunch of mapping work still need to be done.

What kind of mapping work?

I have plenty of time from friday on. So if noone else signs up I would be happy to help. :smile:

I would like to volunteer my help but I think your after more experienced mappers.

Looking forward to playing, Those screen shots look amazing:)

PM me if you would like beta\map testing from a novice.

Edited by Tr00pertj

Laptop:Metabox P370SM3- Intel Core i7-4800MQ- 2x GTX780M SLI- 16G 1600Mhz- 500G Samsung mSata-1TB Hitachi HDD- 120Hz LG 1080p.Desktops:i75930k-2x GTX980 SLI-16G 2133Mhz-Evo120GSSD-Swift PG278Q1440p Gsync.Spare:AMD A10-7850K-APU-8G 1866Mhz-seagate 4TB-120G ssd. LoL Old:P75-1:1FSB-8M ram 512MB Maxtor HDD-1MB Cirrus Logic video chip-still got the parts somewhere?First PC-Tandy 512K Color computer.