The Dark Mod Forums

Official mirror links updated all missions

Bikerdude

When I downloaded the pk4 manually, it installs under the following folder:

darkmod/fms/penny/penny.pk4

When I download the pk4 through the mission downloader, it installs in:

darkmod/fms/penny__9_/penny__9_.pk4

I assume the underscores are the problem, but I have no idea where they're coming from. Neither of the links on the webpage have underscores.

The underscores themselves are probably not the problem, but rather the result of TDM trying to correct the original bad characters.

Right after downloading you see this in mission.tdminfo.

The first entry is probably the original one, but I have no idea what might refer to.

The second entry is the attempt of TDM trying to fix these bad characters.

tdm_missioninfo penny

{

"downloaded_version" "1"

}

tdm_missioninfo penny__9_

{

}

Not sure how much of that problem might have been fixed with http://bugs.thedarkmod.com/view.php?id=3294 in 2.0 already,

but I am pretty sure that the source for the problem must be the mission-entry in the 'database' that holds the mission-entries for the internal downloader,

since this is not the first bad mission that showed that effect when using the internal downloader, but not when manually downloading them from the website.

I don't think there is a database; doesn't the mission downloader just use the website?

I did some sniffing and intercepted the XML received from the server:

<?xml version="1.0"?><tdm><availableMissions>

<mission id="71" title="Penny Dreadful: The grail of regrets" releaseDate="2013-07-28" size="74" version="1" internalName="penny&#9;" type="single" author="Melan"><downloadLocation language="English" url="http://www.southquarter.com/tdm/fms/penny.pk4" /></mission>

</availableMissions></tdm>

So, it's the 'internalName' that needs to be corrected.

Whereever that is stored.... in a database, produced by some script or directly in that hardcoded XML. I don't know.

For comparison, here is the full xml as received from the server.

Edited by gnartsch

The string

&#9;

represents this string

which is the XML entity representing the TAB character

So, for some reason, the character string

pennyTAB

where TAB is not the letters T, A, B, but is the TAB character (9), is the root cause of the problem.

I suspect that when the mission was posted, whatever form was filled in mistakenly received a TAB key at the end of the name 'penny'.

Perhaps using the TAB key to tab through the form fields somehow added the TAB character in internalName.

@gman, I uploaded "penny.pk4" to the official mirrors and the updated the entry on the website, so where exactly did I enter a tab entry or hit the tab key when creating the mission entry..?

I've gone through the the FM page and the only entry I can see that I think would cause this is the FM file name, so I deleted that and retyped it.

@gman, I uploaded "penny.pk4" to the official mirrors and the updated the entry on the website, so where exactly did I enter a tab entry or hit the tab key when creating the mission entry..?

I've gone through the the FM page and the only entry I can see that I think would cause this is the FM file name, so I deleted that and retyped it.

I don't know the process, so I was guessing at how a TAB char might have slipped into the field.

What is the process? How is this done? Does anyone have access to the server code that accepts the upload and creates the FM entry?