The Dark Mod Forums

Texture Presentation

BlackThief

It's just a regular brush. That thing in the center is actually a small window. :) I have a version that's lit coming up, but I noticed the normalmap seems to be reversed so I need to fix that first..

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey BT, quick question...how did you do the moss on the bricks? Goldfish was wondering about it, and I figured I could do the same with my floorboards in the pagan map.

well pretty simple - googled for a high-res picture with moss and put it onto the bricks with the stamp tool ;)

Here's a decorative brick floor. Might be useful for outdoor areas surrounding the mansion.

texture9.jpg

I could, but then that limits it to only being used outside. I'd rather use decals for adding dirt and things to textures just to keep our options open.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't know where to post it since I'm not allowed to post in the beta-forum, so I write it here:

I have a problem with that texture tbh, it wont tile on the y axis there is a definate line where it repeats. But yes that could do with being smaller

just to clarify: that pavement texture isn't my favourite as well, but it definitely is tileable! just tested it again in PS - there's no problem at all. I'd like to see a screen of the problem though, maybe it's just the lighting.

Edited by BlackThief

I haven't tried tiling it, but just from looking at it in PS I immediately thought it wouldn't tile properly up and down. The bricks appear to be cut off slightly on the top (from memory).

it definitely isn't perfect, that's one reason I don't like it very much myself, but it tiles nevertheless ;) does the beta-release include the other cobble-stone texture? if it does then I think he should use that one instead.

here's it in PS. there's one stone that's a bit cut-off, but you see it only when you're really close.

post-6-1112993700.jpg

Edited by BlackThief

• 3 weeks later...

haha I totally forgot to tell you that I was in Strasbourg yesterday. a friend of mine, who owns a 6 mega-pixel Canon mirror reflex camera, was with me :D I think the results speak for their own:

http://www.thedarkmod.de/intern_screens/city_facade1.jpg

http://www.thedarkmod.de/intern_screens/city_facade2.jpg

...man I love those normalmaps B) (everything is just ONE single brush)

more textures from Strasbourg will follow....

Edited by BlackThief

not bad - the windows have more depth now, but the lattice in front of the window doesn't fit properly to the diffusemap anymore.

made another framework texture - (you can see it on the right)

http://www.thedarkmod.de/screens/city3.jpg

I think it'd be a good idea to replace this poor screen with the one above on our website ;)