The Dark Mod Forums

Dziarsky's Textures

greebo

I'll post here which textures I picked from Dziarsky's betamapper repository and which names they got. I'm not terribly good in coming up with names, so feel free to notify me about misnomers.

@Dziarsky: Can you confirm that all your textures in your repository are totally free for us to use (100% legal)? They will eventually be released with the Mod under the GPL, that's why I want to make sure.

If anybody wants to help me, be my guest. :)

First one here (screenshot see attachment):

textures/metal/_metal_13 => textures/darkmod/metal/flat/tiling_1d/rusty_dented01

rusty_dented01.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice textures! They'd be great for models too.

I'd help, but I've got a lot less time now that I'm back to work, and I'm busy with some character models atm.

They look good. However I have a little critisism about the copper_plates_dirty. It's a square image in which left side is exactly the same as right. It's a waste of space. Half of the image could be saved in 1024 x 512 resolution with the same effect.

It's only a model...

I need some input on these, I'm uncertain where I should put them or whether I should upload them at all. Both are "metal" textures, probably meant to be used in a non-tiling way as trimming textures, but they don't look very metal-like to me, more like stone. The floor texture looks a bit like plastic in the lighter part.

Any suggestions what should happen with them?

unknown.jpg

textures/metal/_metal_07 => textures/darkmod/metal/flat/rough_shiny_silver (1024x1024)

I renamed this texture to stone/natural/light_grey_rough02, fixed a few seams and removed the specularmap. It really didn't look like a metal texture.

textures/metal/_metal_07 => textures/darkmod/stone/natural/light_grey_rough02 (1024x1024)

light_grey_rough02.jpg

I'm through with the metal textures for now. This is the current state of Dziarsky's betamapper repository with regard to the metal textures:

_metal_01: Not added yet, the diffuse consists of a 4 smaller cloned textures, too wasteful.

_metal_02: This is similar to our existing detailed/rusty_diamond_pattern and some maps could be shared, but the localmap orientation is different, so I skipped that for now.

_metal_03: Same as _metal_02.

_metal_04: in SVN: metal/flat/tiling_1d/steel_heavily_scratched

_metal_05: in SVN: metal/flat/tiling_1d/steel_scratched_bar01

_metal_06: in SVN: metal/detailed/panel_square_dark01

_metal_07: in SVN: stone/natural/light_grey_rough02

_metal_08: was already in our SVN repository

_metal_09: in SVN: metal/flat/steel_grey_blotchy

_metal_10: in SVN: metal/flat/rusty_crusted_brownish

_metal_11: in SVN: metal/flat/rough_iron_bar

_metal_12: in SVN: metal/flat/tiling_1d/copper_plates_dirty

_metal_13: in SVN: metal/flat/tiling_1d/rusty_dented01

_metal_14: awaiting feedback

_metal_15: awaiting feedback

_metal_16: in SVN: metal/flat/tiling_1d/rough_rusty_bar01

_metal_17: in SVN: metal/detailed/tiling_1d/copper_plate_rivets

_metal_18: in SVN: metal/flat/tiling_1d/steel_plate_scratched

I'll stop for now to leave something for any volunteers. If anybody's interested (Capela?) I can let you know what is left to do.

• 2 months later...

On my SVN betamapper repository i was made some changes last times.

1. Change allmost normal-maps for metal textures, rock and wood (CrazyBump Rules :)).

2. Add some few new metal textures (grating kind)

3. Add 3 new wood textures.

3. Change and add new textures for editor working (rather for my own).

Mabey you find some intresting to use.

...but maybe AstralninjA can pick this up and integrate the new normalmaps into our repository.

You want me to do-what-with-the-what-now? :huh:

If it involves SVN then I don't know how to work that yet.

Isn't there a SVN tutorial around here somewhere?

~Daniel

Oh, btw, Happy Birthday, Greebs! B)

You want me to do-what-with-the-what-now? :huh:

I uploaded a couple of Dziarsky's textures to our SVN repository a couple of months back. Now that Dziarsky has touched up the normalmaps, we need to go through the uploaded ones and replace them with the new normals, assuming the new ones are better looking.

In the posts above in this thread, I posted which textures have been uploaded to where (like _metal_19 => textures/darkmod/metal/whatever), so that it's not too hard to figure out the names in the folders.

If it involves SVN then I don't know how to work that yet.

Isn't there a SVN tutorial around here somewhere?

Yep, incidentally, I started on a couple of SVN articles here: http://www.thirdfilms.com/darkwiki/index.php?title=SVN

The one Downloading The Dark Mod will interest you most. The other ones (add, delete, commit) are not yet done.

Let me know where you need help, I'll do my best.

Oh, btw, Happy Birthday, Greebs! B)

Thanks! :)

@AstralninjA: I finished the SVN commit article now, this should get you started once you intend to replace a normalmap in the repository.

http://www.thirdfilms.com/darkwiki/index.p..._changes_to_SVN

Generally spoken, please don't hesitate to ask for help in case you get stuck with SVN or anything else. It's of course good to work out things on one's own, but don't silently chew on problems for days. :)