The Dark Mod Forums

The New York Football Giants

Unstoppable

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I support every team in every sporting competition.

My win rate is awesome.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

That's "rate" in absolute terms, not as a ratio. ;)

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

That's not the only reason you were against the Patriots, I bet...

Just because I'm a Miami Dolphins fan does not mean I can't support The New York Giants as well.

You might say you had an ulterior motive: The Dolphins are the only team in NFL history to go an entire season undefeated. Now that the Patriots have lost, they still are. ;)

(... and if the Patriots had won, it would have put a stain on the record given their dodgy tactics.)

Edited by demagogue

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

It wan't called Nike in those days Macsen, it was called the ROMAN EMPIRE. Is there a difference? Well, Nike doesn't make the players play, but they do exploit the players and their customers and charge WAY to much for their 3rd world slaveshop shoes because of it.

So you are the rare customer who actually pays more for his stuff to support local economy? No? Thought so.

Those "evil" companies are acting the way they do for a simple reason. To maximize their profit. And how do they do this? With the support of the customer. So if customers complain that the poor third world countries are exploited by evil money grubbers, then those very customers should realize that the buckt starts with them. If customers would boycott such behaviour by not spending money on it, then the companies would have to reconsider in order to maximize their profit.

And if they charge to much for it, then why do they do this? Because there are always customers who are willing to pay for it. This is simple request and demand of economy. Companies can only charge as much as the market allows. If the market accepts games coming with handcuffs, then they will come as can be seen with Steam. If the market accepts exploitation of third world countries, then they will be exploited. If the market accepts the destroying of the woods, then it will be destroyed. Market economy is not only driven by companies but also by customers, because one couldn't exist without the other.

Gerhard

They played dirty, were caught cheating, and I believe GOD came in and punished them harshly for their sins.

Please! Don't be THAT stupid! It was a game, and one of the players is bound to win. There is no draw in such a game, so it MUST be one of them. That a team won, that nobody expected, may be surprising, but happens all the time in sports, so what exactly was the divine intervention called for?

And do you REALLY believe that a god, who doesn't care for the death of millions (which he is supposed to care for) would really go out of his way to help a stupid football team? Come on, get real!

Of the kid standing up to the bully in the school yard and punching him in the mouth.

Football IS about bullying. Last time I looked at it, it was not exactly like chess, where you have to think about your move. You just hit the oponent so that he goes down and try to run past him before the judge notices it.

They will go down as legends and will be remembered for a long time to come.

Yes. Probably until the next season. Thats about as long as something like this is remembered.

Gerhard

The more unstoppable posts, the younger I believe him to be.

I did have him down as about 15, but now that's been reduced to 13.

If he carries on at this rate, I soon be forced to hold the paradoxical opinion that a foetus has somehow learned how to use a computer.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

So you are the rare customer who actually pays more for his stuff to support local economy? No? Thought so.

Um yeas actually. You haven't seen my cobbler made shoes have you :)-

I actually do support local economy as much as possible but in the instance of a new comp I'm gonna buy I am going online. My only local choice is Best Buy, which really isn't all that local, they charge ALOT more and don't even stock Mobo's

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

Yeah, same here. There is a local PC shop, but they only stock the average joe components that average people use. What's the point in me getting them to order me the high end parts I wanted, instead of just ordering them from a website.

For almost anything, except maybe food, the choice in local stores is just too limited to be of any real value.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

I have no problem with football itself, but the level of commercialization and irrelevant nationalism (these two often come hand in hand) that follow make me sick to my stomach. I really can't sit through it all without becoming utterly depressed.

For me football is about the game itself. Not the money, not the hype, rather the plays and the players. Many people that play the game will tell you they'd give up anything to earn a super bowl ring. That is something money can't buy. It's about fulfilling a life long dream really to be able to play in the NFL.

our insults are futile. I am rubber and you are glue. Whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you. Muahaha! :laugh:

It has become obvious that I am no longer welcomed here. So (insert expletive here). :angry:

Your cesspool shall be your own undoing. Beware the chaos you bring. Flame on (insert expletive here)! I am no longer here and never will be. :angry: Oh yeah FUCK YOU!

-Well. You certainly dug up some interesting conversations here.

Somehow it is kind of ironic that of all your posts, an enthusiastic professional sport thread caused this reaction.

Good luck with all your future endeavors.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

The reason you're not wanted is that most adults who live in the real world can't cope with the blind optimism and unrestrained enthusiasm you have for EVERYTHING.

The sooner you realise that the world, and everything in it, is shit and needs to be scorned snd derided at every opportunity, the sooner you'll be welcomed back with open arms.

- Emil Zola

character models site

The reason you're not wanted is that most adults who live in the real world can't cope with the blind optimism and unrestrained enthusiasm you have for EVERYTHING.

The sooner you realise that the world, and everything in it, is shit and needs to be scorned snd derided at every opportunity, the sooner you'll be welcomed back with open arms.

-I'd say his enthusiasm was refreshing, when compared to certain negative and grumpy attitude present in this forum. Some kind of balancing force, I might add.

Excess enthusiasm of course might test ones patience every now and then, but the strain is much smaller than constant grumpiness/hostility.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Not everybody is a misanthropic troll, you know?

Gerhard