The Dark Mod Forums

Jerboa's Models

greebo

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a way to disable shadows in the game?

You can shut off the shadow rendering by entering r_shadows 0 in the console.

To disable shadowcasting for a single model, you need to add the property "noshadows" "1" to that entity in DarkRadiant.

I don't think it would be bad to have them as loot. They are pretty fancy and we can always use more loot items.

Maybe you could do another skin that looks very cheap for less wealthy people (I say less wealthy because poor people probably could not afford fine items such as perfume).

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

As for the broken version, I suggest exporting each broken piece as a separate model (with its own collision mesh as well), so mappers can place them themselves. As far as I can tell from the mesh screenshot, it's looking good.

Yes, and we then also can make a bottle break if it is crushed or thrown hard. (scent simulaton not included :D)

They do look pretty, although they don't say "parfume only" to me. They could as well be some mysical things or magical devices with a proper skin :wub:

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

I've corresponded with Dan Scott about his art works and he has given us permission to use anything on his site that could be useful. ie.. shields, swords ect.. could possibly be used in the creation of models. Especially 1 or 2 of the shields and some of those sword blades arent too shabby either.

http://www.danscottart.com/Concepts.html

've corresponded with Dan Scott about his art works and he has given us permission to use anything on his site that could be useful.

It's great artwork, but most of it looks far too high fantasy for our setting. It's not hard to find photos of actual swords and shields that could be used for models.

Eh. Not that appropriate, really. TDM is a much more 'realistic' kind of fantasy, with fairly historical-looking objects.

Speaking of stuff being broken, it doesn't seem to be imparting velocity to the broken pieces. For example, if I swing a sword at a wine bottle, it breaks but the broken upper half just sits on the lower half, you have to hit it again to make the broken parts fly away.

Long-standing bug, which is I believe tracked somewhere, but I can't find the entry atm...

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Anyhow, what needs to be done while time is ample?

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?showtopic=7366

Why would a model show up fine in Dark Radiant but black in-game? I double checked naming and the mtr. file. Could it be because how I named the model? 3_chair01?

DarkRadiant is using the editor image in the default full-lit render mode, so it's still possible that the diffusemap is wrong somehow. Try double-checking the diffusemap of your material and also check the console in D3 when loading the map, the game is emitting warnings like "couldn't load image blabla".

To check whether the diffusemap is ok, you can also press F3 in DarkRadiant to switch to lighting render mode, which is using the proper diffuse and normalmaps for display. If the diffusemap has problems, you'll see a black/blue shader not found image in the camera. Use F3 to switch back.