The Dark Mod Forums

Cannot change settnings!

eddan

EDIT: NVM fixed... I just changed the resolution then restarted instead of changing both resolution and anti aliasing at the same time

Edit again: Or it wasn't the problem, I couldn't play with 16 anti-aliasing.. it would just make the settings default :S well I played through the thief's den and played saint Lucia.

Now I want to start mapping/programming, but I don't even know where to start, the Tutorials A-Z thing says that I need to download The Dark Mod first, not a mission so I went to the page but couldn't get tortoise to work because you didn't want to show The download link?

I really don't understand much of this, so every time you download someone's mission you must make a short cut of doom3?

Well it would be nice if you could just start a program.. "The Dark Mod" on the desktop then you could just choose missions there.. feels like you just download maps for doom 3, not like playing games.. because the settings change all the time

Please help me understand!

Edited by eddan

if i cannot change the settnings im not playing this game, or helping

Thank god we didn't lose you.

Now I want to start mapping/programming, but I don't even know where to start, the Tutorials A-Z thing says that I need to download The Dark Mod first, not a mission so I went to the page but couldn't get tortoise to work because you didn't want to show The download link?
Yes, but it goes on to say "Alternatively you can use the limited Dark Mod resources provided by the pre-release demo mission Thief's Den" so you can use that or Saint Lucia whichever you have.

I really don't understand much of this, so every time you download someone's mission you must make a short cut of doom3? Well it would be nice if you could just start a program.. "The Dark Mod" on the desktop then you could just choose missions there.. feels like you just download maps for doom 3, not like playing games.. because the settings change all the time
No. Not sure where you're reading that. When Dark Mod is released you will just choose missions in the Dark Mod menus. But it's not released yet. Only two demo missions have been released so far. So for now, if you are using Thief's Den or Saint Lucia demo you can't select other missions because there aren't any released yet.

Follow the A-Z with Thief's Den or Saint Lucia and you can learn how to make an FM.

CMON!!! reply ASAP!

I'll tell you right off the top. Learn some patience bud. People are spread out all over the world on this Mod. You start dishing attitude like this and nobody is going to be interested in helping you. There are people with families and jobs. Read the wiki carefully and try to solve the problem on your own before posting for help. Everything you need to get things working is in the wiki.

If you're not seeing dark mod textures, then perhaps you don't have the correct mod folder specified in Dark Radiant. What dark mod files are you using? Thiefs Den, Saint Lucia or are have you connected with Tortoise SVN and downloaded the beta mappers repository? We have to know what the heck you're using before we can give you any advice.

@eddan:

If you are using Dark Radiant with Saint Lucia then:

• Menu > Edit > Preferences
  • Game
  • Select a Game : Doom 3
  • Engine Path : (full path to your doom3 folder)
  • Mod (fs_game) : saintlucia (note no space and no _ underline and no capitals)
  • Mod Base : (leave blank)

@Albert: Can you post a link to where this problem was discussed before or post a summary of the problem? If there is a hardware problem then I don't think there will be any difference between Saint Lucia and the full Dark Mod.

@eddan:

If you are using Dark Radiant with Saint Lucia then:

• Menu > Edit > Preferences
  • Game
  • Select a Game : Doom 3
  • Engine Path : (full path to your doom3 folder)
  • Mod (fs_game) : saintlucia (note no space and no _ underline and no capitals)
  • Mod Base : (leave blank)

@Albert: Can you post a link to where this problem was discussed before or post a summary of the problem? If there is a hardware problem then I don't think there will be any difference between Saint Lucia and the full Dark Mod.

Thank you

Well, from what I can tell, it's not really a hardware problem. What happens, you see, is that everything at the menu works fine. But when it's loading, the bloodrops go faster than normal (they should at least be moving as fast as downloading the damn thing x 3) and windows says that doom 3 has crashed. Downloaded the damn thing again: no dice! And the damn mod DID work back before I had formatted my system and reinstalled D3.

Did you remember to install the correct doom3 patch?

Yes, that shouldn't happen. I'm not sure exactly what the issue might be, but it sounds like some folders are not where they're supposed to be.