Photo

Fan Mission: Cleighmoor (by grayman) (2014/3/1)

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

Poll: Cleighmoor (54 member(s) have cast votes)

Gameplay: Enjoyment, fun duration, smooth flow, etc. vs Bugs, boredom, frustration, frame lag

1. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Tolerable (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Good (8 votes [14.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

4. Excellent (33 votes [61.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.11%

5. Near Perfect (13 votes [24.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.07%

Appearance: Visual pleasure, lighting, visual style, deduct for bad texturing, etc.

3. Good (7 votes [14.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.58%

4. Excellent (32 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

5. Near Perfect (9 votes [18.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

Story: Story and text, briefing, graphic storytelling

3. Good (4 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

4. Excellent (21 votes [43.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

5. Near Perfect (23 votes [47.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#126 llanita

llanita

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:39 PM

Regarding the well...Is it the one outside in the courtyard? I tried jumping in it but I can't. 

fosig_zpshhfnjs18.png

#127 grayman

grayman

Master Builder, Coder

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11921 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:59 PM

Thanks for playing! Glad you like it so far.

Spoiler

#128 llanita

llanita

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:44 PM

Ok as usual, I found the well just after posting...never fails lol

I just finished playing. Absolutely amazing. My top fms.  I loved the detail of the breath fogging in the cold. That was awesome. I loved a lot of little details that showed up here and there.  You are really good at this. I will be keeping my eyes open for your next fm. Cant wait. 

Thank you so much

fosig_zpshhfnjs18.png

#129 Fidcal

Fidcal

Master Mapper

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16630 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:15 AM

Another very good mission in this series.

I wavered between voting good and excellent on 'story' because it's a good story but having spent the last few years learning the craft of writing fiction, I now realise how very difficult it is to present immersive story details in a game like this. So, it was hard to remember all the details or form a more complete story 'image' in mind. I don't know what the answer is to gain 'excellence.'. However, I definitely felt myself within a story, grasped the main points, and enjoyed it. The readables were well-written but I did feel inclined to skim the longer ones and get on with the game. Goes with the territory I guess.

The surreal section was fascinating and I wish I'd realised I'd already got the map! I would have explored it more thoroughly. Don't know if I missed anything.

At one point near the end I got a spontaneous failed mission from a death. No idea who or why because I heard nothing.

Spoiler

I completed all objectives but was surprised I couldn't view them after the end of the mission, ie, along with stats, to make sure all optionals were done. I did find an auto save just before end of mission so I could view them that way, still... I guess technically once the mission has ended its like a quit so the objectives are not there anymore.

Good mission, look forward to the rest of the series. :)

#130 Anderson

Anderson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:40 AM

Great mission. Liked it more than Home Again. The pacing is appropriate and the atmosphere fittingly putting on pressure. Especially the warrens. 

Spoiler

Should've come here to read the instruction for low end PC's. The fact that TDM doesn't use multicore processors is a killer for a weak laptop. Probably was the cause of a nasty crash.

About the only complaint of something useful to say would be a suggestion for the compound to be a little wider, once Cleighmoor is actually reached. Felt claustrophobic.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users