The Dark Mod Forums

What do AI do in their spare time?

Deadlove

I know we have cards, dice.

Any other little models?

Dart boards? Other ideas more common with simple and criminal?

Backgammon is there but is more noble, wouldn't see that in a dungeon to keep thieves occupied.

Some sort of medieval competition games to keep the mind going on down time that can be used as static models to add life to an otherwise not so inhabited room?

I know we have plenty of alcohol, bottles, or alcohol, barrels for alchoholl.... But, these guys can't be drinking that much ale, can they?!?! :D

Just brainstorming and sharing a post.

There are dice, cards, two different game boards, and two different sets of playing pieces. That, along with drinking and gambling on the "sports" of the day (fighting, bear-baiting, ratting, etc) was pretty much all they had during down time.

Nah, they could dance, make music, recite poetry and tell each other tales of yore. :) It would be cool to see a playing flute or harp animation, perhaps with the AI sitting down, playing something relaxing. Theres also a praying animation, you would guess people at the time would be highly religious.

• Like 1

If you were getting kinda creative with Thieves, you could have a round spinning table for knife throwing. Like those ones that have something or someone tied to it? A bit more grand for what you were thinking maybe, but it could be a fun bit of details for a good laugh.

Modeler galore & co-authors literally everything

Someone makes song about a thief that stole from the Builders and smashed St. Lucia's head on the lute and the inn listens as the characters do some kinda Sotha made animations to a speaker set with a song one of us taffers can write.

• 3 months later...

For nobles, an Easel for painting, and a tapestry contraption & a mini loom. As for the commoners, gambling. Coin flipping was

a common way to gamble. Cock fights, rat fights things like this.

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/