• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 35899 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:54 PM

... aaaaaand that may very well be the bug that was introduced.

I'll start with that.

That should have only affected belt-purses, not the spilled purse entity.

Posted Image

#27 grayman

grayman

Master Builder, Coder

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11530 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:54 PM

All the purses received a new frobbox_size of 10. If I remove that addition, the split purse in the safe is frobable.

I'm trying to understand why the addition of a frobbox_size should make the object appear twice, once with a reasonable bounding box and once with a large bounding box.

#28 grayman

grayman

Master Builder, Coder

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11530 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:10 AM

I'm going to leave the frobbox_size in place (and thus the second bounding box it creates). I don't want to tinker with frobability for items that define their frobboxes.

It's cleaner to verify that an item's physical clipmodel is touching the setFrobable target brush when that brush is building its list of 'contained items'.

This ignores the false positive that was telling the safe's lock that the spilled purse was inside its setFrobable target brush, which allows the purse to be frobbed when the safe is opened. (I also need to check that this is what was affecting the button inside the other safe.)

The solution should also fix the problem we had with the elevator switch in A New Job, but I need to verify that assumption. Adding this solution will not affect A New Job.

• nbohr1more likes this

#29 grayman

grayman

Master Builder, Coder

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11530 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:52 PM

The button in the floor safe worked fine for me with and without the fix. I would need more failure reports before I look at the button again.

The fix solved the problem with the elevator switch in A New Job. I removed the "immune_to_set_frobable" flag on the switch and it still worked fine.

I'm going to submit the fix for 2.06.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users