7 replies to this topic

#1 NeonsStyle

NeonsStyle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1377 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 12:17 PM

• Bikerdude and CarltonTroisi like this

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedar...2017-update-16/

#2 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 01:12 PM

"Amazingly", i'm only interested in 1 out of 10 of those games. :) Can't say i blame the developers though. They just have to go with what's hip today.

#3 brethren

brethren

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 10:34 PM

I seriously doubt Detroit Become Human will an open world game, that's just not the kind of game that Quantic Dream makes.

• NeonsStyle likes this

#4 Abusimplea

Abusimplea

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 12:13 AM

10 amazing games?!

There is Cyberpunk 2020 from CD Project Red. But otherwise... hell, even a Farcry got on that list!

• NeonsStyle likes this

#5 stumpy

stumpy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1798 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 12:57 PM

most of those are ps4 exclusives.

cyberpunk 2020 might not be out this year as CD Project Red have said that it will be released when its finished.

#6 NeonsStyle

NeonsStyle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1377 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:34 AM

They are mostly PS4 games, though some are PC as well.

@Brethren, yeh I seriously doubt Become Human will be open world. Most of the press I found about it claims it is. To me it looks more like an episodic game

rather than wander the world. 

Cyberpunk sounds like an awesome game, but it's so hard to find any details about it. Not much has been released yet. 

@Abuseimplea, hard not to include Far Cry 5 on that list since it's about to be released lol. I actually tried to buy it just now. Steam says it's available,

but you can only buy the DLC. 

Edited by NeonsStyle, 27 March 2018 - 01:36 AM.

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedar...2017-update-16/

#7 Abusimplea

Abusimplea

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 08:04 AM

Cyberpunk sounds like an awesome game, but it's so hard to find any details about it. Not much has been released yet. 

@Abuseimplea, hard not to include Far Cry 5 on that list since it's about to be released lol. I actually tried to buy it just now. Steam says it's available,

but you can only buy the DLC. 

Cyberpunk 2077 is made by CD Project Red - it is guaranteed to be "amazing". The only thing that might be "bad" about it, would be if you don't like the genre. It will surely offer ranged combat so there is less potential for annoyance than in Witcher 3, wich's combat was rather controverisial on PC (but the console users certainly loved it).

FarCry is a franchise that keeps on beeing the same mediocresness on each release - even Primal was just the old gameplay with better graphics and translated to the stone age (a real waste of potential and artist time).

You might be able to have fun with it. But it probably will not be amazing in any way. It is for open world FPS what CoD is for linear FPS.

Edited by Abusimplea, 27 March 2018 - 08:09 AM.

#8 Judith

Judith

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1322 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 08:22 AM

For me, "open-world" and "amazing" doesn't go together (it might be impressive, but only for a few minutes). I prefer meaningful experiences, and these don't fall into e.g. 120 hours of roaming and busywork. That goes for much better games than Ubisoft's too. Witcher 3 is probably awesome, but I'm not even starting it. Heh, I barely touched Dark Souls 3 because of its length, and I love the series :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users