Photo

Fan Mission: Training Mission (2009/10/17)

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 Fidcal

Fidcal

Master Mapper

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16641 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:35 AM

The Dark Mod Training Mission. Please post all feedback and questions in this thread.

#2 Chiron

Chiron

• PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:30 AM

The Dark Mod Training Mission. Please post all feedback and questions in this thread.

Is there anything but broadhead arrow shooting in the shooting range?

#3 Fidcal

Fidcal

Master Mapper

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16641 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:46 AM

No (well there may be one or two hidden items to find ;)) There are infinite water, moss, and noisemaker arrows in the stealth section and rope arrows in the climbing area if you want to practice those.

#4 Chiron

Chiron

• PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:10 PM

Ok, just wanted to make sure. Tried for quite a while to climb out of the tower window.

Little glitch I found:

I "discovered" a small glitch in the training map.
When I mantle up this board
Posted Image

sometimes I can look outside the map.

Posted Image
Posted Image

But anyway:
Great work you guys, thank you for your hard work !

#5 PsymH

PsymH

• PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:46 AM

I can't go past this point, because the game crashes. Anybody else with this problem?

Attached Files

#6 greebo

greebo

Heroic Coder

• Root
  • 16001 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:03 AM

Can you upload a savegame right before the crash?

#7 PsymH

PsymH

• PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:54 AM

Gladly, but the attachement limit for files is 500k and I don't have web space for myself. :)

#8 greebo

greebo

Heroic Coder

• Root
  • 16001 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:58 AM

There are surely some upload sites somewhere on the net, like sendfile, rapidshare, whatever. Or I can PM you my E-Mail.

#9 Fidcal

Fidcal

Master Mapper

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16641 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:04 PM

Zip up the quicksave files and it should be less than 3MB (although maybe that depends how far one has travelled into the training mission?)

#10 MannOhneGitarre

MannOhneGitarre

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:02 AM

I like the jumping area and the task of finding all 10 health potions!

In the shooting area in the barn when you reach the corner you can see out of the map. But then you get suddenly pushed outside and find yourself trapped between the barn and the wall! So you can't get out without noclip.
Attached File  shot00003.jpg   125.74KB   56 downloads

In the fighting area I suddenly saw this:
Attached File  shot00004.jpg   177.28KB   60 downloads

However great mission, I like the lockpicking section :-)

#11 PsymH

PsymH

• PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:10 AM

There are surely some upload sites somewhere on the net, like sendfile, rapidshare, whatever. Or I can PM you my E-Mail.

No idea why, but I forgotten that completely. :D

Anyway, here we go:
http://rapidshare.co...vegames.7z.html

#12 greebo

greebo

Heroic Coder

• Root
  • 16001 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:07 PM

Tried that savegame, I could enter that area just fine (I actually ran in and out through that doorway a lot of times) - no crash. :mellow:

#13 PsymH

PsymH

• PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:41 PM

Hm, maybe something is wrong with my installation. I should test it on my laptop to see, if there it's still crashing.

#14 Fidcal

Fidcal

Master Mapper

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16641 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:04 PM

PsymH: We are now fairly certain the problem is with one of the models: a pedestal that is present in at least three rooms and crashes a few systems we don't yet know why. We're looking for a solution. Until then, if you go in backwards or looking at the ground but don't look at the pedestal in the centre of the room! Same for two rooms in Chalice of Kings. Sorry but until we figure it out that is the best we can say at the moment.

#15 greebo

greebo

Heroic Coder

• Root
  • 16001 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:16 PM

Fidcal: which pedestal is this exactly? I can have a look at that in Blender and maybe re-export. Does DarkRadiant spit out any warnings when loading that pedestal?

#16 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 36758 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:16 PM

So it's the pedestal, not the statue? I'll try looking at it tonight then if it's an .lwo file.

#17 Fidcal

Fidcal

Master Mapper

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16641 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:54 PM

They are
models/darkmod/architecture/pillars/groovedpillar01_med.lwo
and
models/darkmod/furniture/tables/pillar_grooved01.lwo
but I think there is a larger family of variations of this model. You can see the above are in architecture and in furniture but I think they are the same basic type so there may be more.

Still theory but this is highly suspect being the only one at the scene of each of the three crimes. I was thinking of doing a test map but not had time. There were two or three players at ttlg had the same thing but I can't recall if it was a graphics card problem. I seem to recall someone said it was an ATI card and when he switched something off to cure one problem (spinning sky) then he got these crashes. But don't quote me; I might be confusing posts.

#18 Springheel

Springheel

• Admin
  • 36758 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:14 PM

Yes, that's what I recall as well...he turned off the Catalyst AI (whatever that is) and then got these crashes. Well, I'll check out the pillars when I get home, though I'm puzzled about what might be enough to crash some systems yet not throw up a warning in D3.

Though I have some vague, hazy memory of these pillars using vertex blending...could be wrong about that though.

#19 Springheel

Springheel

• Admin
  • 36758 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:09 PM

Hmm, I can see absolutely nothing unusual about the model in question. :huh:

#20 Ladro

Ladro

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:59 PM

My feedback about training mission: AMAZING!

I like a lot the climbing section and i think combat arena also it's very useful (for a perfect training with the new combat i suggest to insert the cheat "god" mode in the console, then you can learn a lot more how to use the sword).

Maybe in the far future releases the training mission will start with some voice like "Welcome Young Player, in nearby rooms i will instruct you various skills to survive..."

B) B) B)

#21 Fidcal

Fidcal

Master Mapper

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16641 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:14 AM

Hmm, I can see absolutely nothing unusual about the model in question. :huh:

I'll have to set up a test map and get some of the people with the problem to test it to prove absolutely it is the pedestal.

#22 Fidcal

Fidcal

Master Mapper

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16641 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:16 AM

My feedback about training mission: AMAZING!

I like a lot the climbing section and i think combat arena also it's very useful (for a perfect training with the new combat i suggest to insert the cheat "god" mode in the console, then you can learn a lot more how to use the sword).

Maybe in the far future releases the training mission will start with some voice like "Welcome Young Player, in nearby rooms i will instruct you various skills to survive..."

B) B) B)

Thanks. Yeah nice - perhaps even a hooded figure in the shadows to instruct you ... :ph34r:

#23 PsymH

PsymH

• PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:41 AM

Now that's odd: I tested it on my laptop with Vista 32-bit Home Premium, 4GB and ATI Radeon 3100 on low settings and I can now enter the room (from my screenshot above). Now let's see, if it's still crashing on the double door in the first upper floor from "Chalice of Kings".
Maybe it's a driver issue because on my desktop PC I have to use the 9.4 catalyst, where on my laptop is a newer version installed.
I'll look, if it's work on my win7 partition from my desktop PC.

Edited by PsymH, 21 October 2009 - 04:42 AM.

#24 AnotherShadyCharacter

AnotherShadyCharacter

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:50 AM

I also had crashes in the training mission (objects handling section) and in the Chalice of the Kings.
It was fixed after updating to the latest Catalyst and disabling all features like filtering, AI, etc...
Graphics card is ATI Radeon X1950.

BTW, love the stealth training ;)

#25 greebo

greebo

Heroic Coder

• Root
  • 16001 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:03 AM

Do you remember which driver version have you been using before? Might be interesting for other users experiencing those crashes, and we could mark these "bad" versions on the wiki.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users