The Dark Mod Forums

Beta-Testing A Score to Settle

Springheel

I need a handful of beta-testers to playtest my upcoming mission. There shouldn't be many technical bugs, but I'd like to specifically focus on playability issues (too hard, too obvious, etc) and performance issues; I'd like to get some lower end machines in the mix. Testing will require 1.06, which should be out shortly, but I'll start taking names of anyone interested now.

Wha..., and you didnt pm Springs

I know you're busy getting your own mission ready, so I didn't want to assume. :)

Oh man...

My son is done with kindergarten next week so who knows if I'll be able to squeeze any testing time before work in the morning now :(

I will sheepishly offer whatever and time I can scratch together.

My system is extremely CPU bound (P4 3.0ghz) but has a "relatively good" GPU (HD4650 1GB AGP... aka still better than most integrated ones...)

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I know you're busy getting your own mission ready, so I didn't want to assume.

All done, the release version is doing a final round of testing and then its out! So count me in.

nb:

laptop - mobile c2d 2.66ghz, 4GB ram, geforce 8400GS, VistaSp2

HtcPc - c2d E6300 1.86ghz, 2Gb, HD3850, XpSp2

The laptop just about runs the training mission, and the HtcPc runs my season contest mission @ 20-30fps.

Ok, that's four. Hopefully we can pick up one more person. I'm going to go ahead and start a thread in the betatest forum...I know NH already has 1.06 so he can start right away.

Does everyone here already have access to that part of the forum?

I'll be able to get started in earnest after work this evening. I noted a few minor issues while taking a peek last night, but nothing too major. There were a couple of models with visual lines down the middle of their face. I'll post screens.

Other than that, wow...what a gorgeous looking mission.

Ok, I set you to "beta-testers" instead of "mission beta-testers". See if you have access now.

I appear to be able to see an additional area of the forums now.. does this mean I've been accepted as a beta tester, or is this a bureaucratic snafu?

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

No, I added you and Midnight as beta-testers. You just have to wait for 1.06, which should be out this weekend.

Brilliant, map downloaded and placed in the fm folder, just waiting on that sweet update.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080