The Dark Mod Forums

Forums down

Bikerdude

Also some of the images on the media page are low res/blocky

Which ones?

I've added the most recent news item to the front page now.

Is that automatically going to be the most recent news entry? It looks fine with just text but the formatting will be pretty messy if it's an entry with a decent-sized image.

I'm currently upgrading the Wiki to MediaWiki's latest release, and moving it to its own sub-domain. New URL is http://wiki.thedarkmod.com

Will add rewrite-rules for the old URL so links etc will continue to work.

EDIT: Rewrite rules are now working so no links to the old wiki URL should break, but just redirect to the new URL.

By the way, the TDM download-link on the Wiki (main page) is broken.

Edited by modetwo

~m2

I'm currently upgrading the Wiki to MediaWiki's latest release, and moving it to its own sub-domain. New URL is http://wiki.thedarkmod.com

Will add rewrite-rules for the old URL so links etc will continue to work.

EDIT: Rewrite rules are now working so no links to the old wiki URL should break, but just redirect to the new URL.

Thank you!

I do not have sufficient permissions to edit the wiki main page.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Is that automatically going to be the most recent news entry? It looks fine with just text but the formatting will be pretty messy if it's an entry with a decent-sized image.

Good point, I've added CSS declaration to make images resize to 25% of the post width if displayed on the main page. Looks ok to me in a quick test.

Thank you!

Fixed.

Sorry about the hold up, had to turn the forums off to make a DB dump and transfer it to the new subdomain. But I ran into SQL issues while upgrading to the newest release, had to submit a support ticket over at IPS.

So, I opened the forums again and will have to make a new DB dump once I get a workaround. Not sure if it will be today.

Please note that once the forums are upgraded to the newest release the skin will be the default one - we have to create a new TDM skin from scratch, but as I've heard it should be easy to do in the new IPB version.

~m2

Good point, I've added CSS declaration to make images resize to 25% of the post width if displayed on the main page

Cool, that should be fine.

Btw, is there a way to add a "add comment/read comments" link to the bottom of the news entries? I'm not sure people are aware of the fact that they can add comments.

That's a Doom3 wiki...it's not associated with TDM at all (though obviously it's useful for us).

Haven't loked when it was first up, but I get these times refreshign this thread (at the bottom of the screen):

0.2466 sec

0.3123 sec

and hitting reply:

0.6139 sec

Not sure if this is "faster" :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

@Modetwo, I have a minor request..

Would it be possible to have the row of options at the bottom of the forum copied to the top

"Back to top | Forum Home | Delete My Cookies | Mark Board As Read"

Reason for asking is one would have to scroll to the bottom of the forum then to mark the board as read etc.

Looks like someone added a gradient fade to thedarkmod.com. Nice.

If the front page post images CSS causes issues I'd say just be prepared to strip out the image tags with PHP. You could also do a character limit to entice viewers to click on a read/view comments link.

Though I have to say, it's very rare for the forum to be out of reach, it hasn't been down for a minute for years, so let's show some appreciation for modetwo who is doing that for free, on his own expense (the forum software is not free of charge).

I really appreciate modetwo, I admit that this board is working well. Thanks Modetwo for you effort.

(but I appreciate all the crew involved on TDM :-) )

Edited by Ladro