The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Return to the City v3 for TDM 1.08 (12/11/2012)

Bikerdude

Nice to see this FM is still getting some love and is as atmospheric as ever. Am I dreaming or is the doorstep on the big manor behind Sykes' place new? Also, is it normal that I don't have a map? (playing on Expert). I also encountered the first bug Oldjim reported. I have spotted several tiny visual bugs as well, most notably in the attic with the footlocker near the garden area.

Oh yeah and something I'd like to mention, loading the FM has been incredibly fast this time, I don't know if it's 1.08 magic or just the new version of RttC.

Edited by skacky

Nope, never encountered that. By the way don't pay attention to what I said about the map, I didn't look hard enough in my inventory and my key doesn't have the right bind. :P

I finished it with a stealth score of 0 but had to douse the fire in Sykes' living room. Otherwise supreme ghost was intact. I missed 40 loot though, I wonder where they are.

I like the fact that it is easier to get to the guard on the wall up-high near the chantry, I always had a hard time getting there. Nice work on the additional AIs too!

The goblet issue is a minor oversight by moi, but have checked the vat and it works as intended.

Fixed

I like the fact that it is easier to get to the guard on the wall up-high near the chantry, I always had a hard time getting there. Nice work on the additional AIs too!

Cool, thanks :-)

Anyone had this happen? I start going back up the slope to the starting point but instead of going up it, I sink down beneath it:

Its just normal brush there so that shouldnt happen, but as a belt and braces I added a cloned no-draw solid brush there.

- Re-uploaded too all mirrors.

I just re-downloaded and it seems you've fixed the problem with the goblet.

Though the version was still 2.1?

I fixed my local copy and uploaded it to dropbox:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/can4b9lla0r5g3j/returntothecityv3.pk4

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/can4b9lla0r5g3j/returntothecityv3.pk4

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Very impressive if you got up there through legit means, though. B)

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

This isn't one of them is it?
Very impressive if you got up there through legit means, though.

heh, it isnt and someone got up there previously using crates and such..

Think precariously high up, said locations were praticaly impposible before - now they are just about possible :ph34r:. And the rewards for gettiung up there vary from monetary to visual.

4. Ah yes, but the only we will have with this is all the custome spacing and editing that Melan did. I will check back with him before I look into doing this.

You have 3 choices:

1 - Decree that there will be no translations, which maintains the spacing.

2 - Work with the translators to re-space everything once they're finished. This is a LOT of work, and might prove to be near impossible.

3 - Turn a blind eye and accept whatever the translators do to the spacing, because it's out of your hands.

There's a 4th (also imperfect) option:

4 - Publish a separate foreign language version of the pk4 while leaving the original intact and untranslated.

There's a 4th (also imperfect) option:

4 - Publish a separate foreign language version of the pk4 while leaving the original intact and untranslated.

True, though this is a different model than the "base pk4 + localization pk4" approach that's been the core design for I18N work.

Very impressive if you got up there through legit means, though.

Thanks Melan - not sure if 'impressive' is the right word (unless it refers to the number of times I plummeted to my death), but it was definitely legit (and didn't involve crates) B)

Jumping from gargoyle to gargoyle: -

by which I mean (i) jump, miss and die several dozen times; (ii) finally manage to make one successful jump; (iii) save game; (iv) repeat steps i - iii.

Well, I enjoyed myself.

NB I may be using the word 'enjoyed' in a way that may not be shared by others.

Any hints on the bonus objective? Am I thinking in the right direction?

I'm thinking perhaps I should leave one of my notes behind perhaps one quickly jotted down. My difficulty with this is I don't know where to leave it to check off the objective.

I have all the loot as well as the other objectives done and would like to check this one off before I leave for the final time so any clues are appreciated.

Edited by Thiefette

Any hints on the bonus objective? Am I thinking in the right direction?

I don't remember exactly which readable is involved in the objective, but you need to donate it to the Builder church. Find where donations are made and leave it there. Of course, this is assuming the latest version still uses that location for this objective.

I don't remember exactly which readable is involved in the objective, but you need to donate it to the Builder church. Find where donations are made and leave it there. Of course, this is assuming the latest version still uses that location for this objective.

Thanks Grayman, forgot about that so will go and check it out.