The Dark Mod Forums

Models That Need Attention

Springheel

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drew this concept of a lamp a while back for our Mod

It should be in the concept art forum then, not buried in this thread.

I drew this concept of a lamp a while back for our Mod. Thought I'd post in case it helps to inspire something. I haven't colorized it, but let me know if you want me to? I envisioned the lamp shade part to be like a Tiffany® type of lamp with all sorts of colors, kind've like a stained glass window. The post and/or base of the lamp could also be textured to be made more ornate/textured, if you modelers wanted to "get crazy with it" like Bob Ross... :D

An interesting effect that's possible with something like that is to have the colors from the glass lid projected across the room. It shouldn't be hard to do either, as renz posted a d3world thread on projecting textures as lights a while ago.

http://www.thirdfilms. com

A Thief's Path trailer is now on Youtube!

It should be in the concept art forum then, not buried in this thread.

Alright, no prob. I debated as to whether I should do that or not for this and the luminescent mushrooms -- considering this thread asks for lights, and the other one asked for mushrooms. I guess I could've just created 'Concept Art' threads and linked to them :) Sorry. Live and learn, DF... live and learn :D

This thread has nothing to do with lights...it's about trying to get some of our models skinned by May 1st. :huh:

Just wanted to say that I'm "back" now. I finally got "Codename: Panzers" last Saturday and the game really managed to fascinate me so much that I didn't do anything else than playing panzers last week. I really regret that I haven't bought it already last year, cauze it's imho one of the best RTS games out there - good balance between realism and gameplay and of course awesome graphics! Now I'm almost through the 3 campaigns and getting back to "work". ;)

Unfortunately I'm having some strange problems with deepexploration and the blender-lwo exporter. Both converters don't save the uv-texture coordinates anymore for some reason. That's really strange because it used to work for months without any problem :ph34r: Yesterday I started to texture the 4-poster bed and it's about 70% done now - I just can't get it ingame because I changed the layout of the uvw-map to get better results (no essential changes though - I can still use the normalmap - just changed a bit the layout). So I'm trying to finish the texture of the bed today and I hope that someone else, who has deepexploration can convert the obj-file to lwo for me.

some screens - most of the work is done:

posterbed1.jpg

posterbed2.jpg

as you can see the chamfer at the side of the bed is rendered brighter than the other parts - my personal blender problem again <_< I'm adding the obj-file of the bed, can you convert it to lwo oddity and maybe take a quick look, why this part of the bed is rendered wrong?

btw I think the paneling will turn out much better ingame with the normalmap.

PS: the black parts of the border of the bed-linen will be transparent ingame.

posterbed1.obj

Edited by BlackThief

There is no reason for it. THere's nothing wrong with the model in lightwave.

THe texturing is great, but the mattress on th model is too flat, it looks like a slab of wood covered by a thin sheet. I think we'll need to make it look more like blankets and have pillows on beds.

posterbed1.lwo

Edited by oDDity

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

ok thanks - btw after the uninstall I deleted all right hemisphere entries and reinstalled DE again now the conversion to lwo works again.

I've got it ingame now, but the panelings at the back look now rather weird. you can't really tell if they stand out or the opposite. I'll try to tweak the normalmap with PS, but I'm not sure if it's possible to fix that without a 3d generated normalmap.

post-5-1112445526.jpg

Edited by BlackThief

What I did for the normal map was copy and paste the panels from the foot of the bed to the headboard because the model of the panels on the headboard would not render properly in the normal map. I think it would be better to get rid of those completely.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site