The Dark Mod Forums

What content do you want?

Guest garthzombie

Niiiice, and this reminds me of the issue with a lot of our candles and candle holders - we done have a enough or any wax dribble or spillage down the sides or at the base.

perhaps you could mod our existing models to include the above..?

post-496-0-81911600-1413715339_thumb.jpg

@Springheel, why are most of our candles missing thier halo/glare..?

Guest garthzombie

I could possibly modify your exist candle meshes, I'd probably have to make a tiling texture as the candles I made use unique normals that fit the meshes, they can't be adapted to other meshes as the normals wouldn't match.

When I get back to Canada I can take a look.

I also think that our existing candle flame is just fine the way it is - we really have bigger problems than to remake that :)

Having candles more dripply (is that even a word?) and half-translucent when lit would be nice, of course.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

@Springheel, why are most of our candles missing thier halo/glare..?

Candles aren't supposed to have a glare by default.

perhaps you could mod our existing models to include the above..?

Our default candles do have drips down the side. The older ones don't, but they're just legacy anyway.

• Candles aren't supposed to have a glare by default.
  • Our default candles do have drips down the side. The older ones don't, but they're just legacy anyway.

• ok, so for the mapper that want to add said glare is there a simple arg to enable/disable. Because targeting a func_emitter from a model based light entity so when you douse/relight the candle the func_emitter remains un effected. I have found you can only target func_emiters from non-model light entities, is this a bug should I raise a bug tracker..?
  • if they do, its small small as to unnoticable.

ok, so for the mapper that want to add said glare is there a simple arg to enable/disable. Because targeting a func_emitter from a model based light entity so when you douse/relight the candle the func_emitter remains un effected. I have found you can only target func_emiters from non-model light entities, is this a bug should I raise a bug tracker..?

Not sure. Probably the best way would be to create a new glare set that has the particle built right in.

if they do, its small small as to unnoticable.

The wax can't overlap the holder for usability reasons, but they seem pretty visible to me....?

post-9-0-52998700-1413725567_thumb.jpg

Ah, I always those marks on the candles were visual bugs not dripping wax.

:D

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

As long as the candle model is positioned so the flame goes at the origin , you could use one of our existing candles and swap the model.

Don't worry, I can make any adjustments needed so that they work as entities for us. I'm in the middle of another project atm so it will be a few days.

We'll take it!

Baddcog, the main vegetation guy for TDM (amongst other things... wish he'd finish some of his old WIP missions), has been MIA around here lately

so we could use some nice assets to add to our collection. These will also help us refine LOD and SEED systems we've added for vegetation (etc) :)

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Looks good, maybe it is usable?