The Dark Mod Forums

Ai Model Requests

Springheel

Yes, you'd expect to find kids in almost every house in fact, and on the streets, street urchins were very common 'in those days'

I know you wouldn't expect to see kids on a Mars base in Doom, but there are NO games with kids in them at all, no matter what the setting or circumstances, except Baldur's Gate, and there was one young girl in Arx Fatalis who went missing and you had to find her.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

I know you wouldn't expect to see kids on a Mars base in Doom, but there are NO games with kids in them at all, no matter what the setting or circumstances, except Baldur's Gate, and there was one young girl in Arx Fatalis who went missing and you had to find her.

Deus Ex 1 and 2 both had kids who were killable. I'm pretty sure that thief 2 had some pagan kids as well, though i may just be thinking of a FM.

Edited by god_is_my_goldfish

http://www.thirdfilms. com

A Thief's Path trailer is now on Youtube!

Since you were so concerend with even mentioning abuse of children in concersations as it might 'put people off' I'm not sure what you'll think of being able to hack one to bits or put and arrow through their little head for a laugh.

No that's fine. It's slapstick fun. ;)

sup people :) is the idea of exchangeable heads being considered? i have very little time to make great modeling\animations contributions (for now!) but since modelling heads is probably the fun part, i can make one per weekend :D with a good archive of photographs for o reference. also would be funny to have the developers's faces on the townsfolk too :) what do you think?

btw, I WANNA BE A BEGGAR!! :DDD lol jk

Edited by Diego

We've been planning on exchangeable heads for quite some time now. But there are other things that are higher priority.

What's the status of that thug model you were working on btw? Do we have a high and low poly version on the ftp site or will you be texturing it yourself?

You also posted some screenshots of completed pieces of furniture some time ago...I'm trying to get all models that appeared to be completed either into the game or up on the ftp sites ready to be textured. :)

all those models have the same issue, normal map. some of them i even made low poly versions. but the normals i tried to generate with max were pretty shit.. :/

the thug and table are on the ftp for a while actually ( the high res) but i can put them all there, hi and lo.

( the high res) but i can put them all there, hi and lo.

That would be great. Please let me know when you do, and I'll add them to our 'ready to be textured' master list.

Also, please put the models in their own separate folder somewhere instead of dumping them in the main texture folder. Make "thug" folder or something.