178 replies to this topic

#176 Obsttorte

Obsttorte

Scripting guru, Mapper

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5682 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:14 AM

We live in time of crowdfunding, don't see a problem to resurrect project with some money infusion. 

People didn't start working on the campaign for money and they didn't stopped to because of it. As Melan already said, it's a time and energy consuming effort and people are doing this in their freetime beneath all the real life stuff they have to care about. I can't really see how crowdfunding would help here :huh:

• vvGarrettvv likes this
FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild
WIP's: Several. Although after playing Thief 4 I really wanna make a city mission.
Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches
Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models
My wiki articles: Obstipedia
Let's Map TDM YouTube playlist: ObstlerTube
Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

End of shameless self promotion.

#177 Noordung

Noordung

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:00 AM

If i understand correctly maps are finished but you need readables? So why not make a contest? Make a topic.Lets say "diary of a poor citizen" and you put the best one in campaign. Since nobody have much details about campaign they still could not see whole story.

#178 Melan

Melan

Contest Winner, Wordsmith

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4446 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:23 AM

No, it is not a question of readables - rather, a mixture of architecture, scripted sequences, readables, patrol routes, objective work... A host of individually smaller tasks which mostly require familiarity with the project, plus someone to coordinate it (this is also a big thing). We have had people jumping in, doing some work, then dropping out again. Hard to say how we could resolve the problem.

• vvGarrettvv likes this
Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

#179 Petike the Taffer

Petike the Taffer

• PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:27 PM

Sorry to hear that. If I could help, I definitely would. Pity there isn't much of a possibility for me to help speed up the development process on this campaign. :( It would be awesome if it was finished one day.

If I may ask, how much of the campaign is finished at this point, expressed in percents ? :blush: Just curious.

Edited by Petike the Taffer, 28 February 2015 - 01:27 PM.

• vvGarrettvv likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: campaign, announcement, crucible, the crucible of omens, preview

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users