8 replies to this topic

#1 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18356 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:18 AM

Morning taffers

Over the last 2 months or so I've been helping Moonbo with his current WIP, you guys will have seen some screenshots in the 'what are you working on thread' and been impressed with his visuals and imaginative mapping layouts.

Well I am hear to tell you, that he has taken a humble title I was once attributed with and that is " best new author ". When walking through his map I get the shivers and think 'hey I've seen this type of work before' and then I realize, the last time I saw mapping this imaginative and original was work done by Dram on 'Blackstone manor' and Angua in 'In the bone hoard' - yeah its that good!

I have asked him via our testing PM thread (once we get his WIP our the door) if he would like to join the campaign team :-)

@Moonbo - keep up the awesome and inspiring work young man!

Posted Image

#2 Friendly_Taffer

Friendly_Taffer

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:18 AM

Awesome. Totally awesome.

#3 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 36150 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

Is there an ETA?

#4 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18356 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

Unless Moonbo intends to create any new area's I think the lion's share of the work is done.

I have another round of bug-fixing and perf optimizing to do this evening, so Moonbo will be in a better position to advise after that :-)

#5 grayman

grayman

Master Builder, Coder

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11620 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

Congrats to both of you.

I have this mental image of Biker going from town to town, nailing up posters about this mission, getting the population stoked.

#6 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2092 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

That looks awesome!
The Accountant Series
Part 1 (coming soon) | Part 2: New In town

Lord Edgar Trilogy
Lord Edgar's Bathhouse | Lord Edgar's Disappearance | Lord Edgar's Estate

Stand Alone Missions
Spring Cleaning

#7 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18356 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:10 AM

...nailing up posters about this mission, getting the population stoked.

Not a bad idea, I shall wonder over to ttlg...

#8 Moonbo

Moonbo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1053 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

Well this was unexpected :-O. Thanks Bikerdude...I'm really flattered...I didn't think it was *that* good. Anyways, I really have to thank everyone on the forums, without you guys answering all my questions the FM would never have gotten off the ground. It's still not done yet, but I do hope that everyone has a fun time playing it when it's ready.

@Springheel, there's still one very large section left to build but I'm hoping to get the map into beta testing by the end of next month...we'll see how it goes.

Thanks again for the post, was a nice thing to see when I got back from work.

Edited by Moonbo, 30 May 2013 - 08:42 PM.

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.
-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

#9 Lux

Lux

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1575 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

Artists are always more critical of their own work than others. Its a good thing ;)

Sincere congrats, Moonbo, on all the hard work and dedication. From the screenshot posted above and Bikerdude's words I'm anxiously awaiting the release!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users