The Dark Mod Forums

What is the worst advert you've seen this year?

Fidcal

Just downloaded Dark Radiant and there is a huge advert on Soul Forge's download page which summarised:

Managing Email: The top ten challenges:

Email is the nervous system of most companies. It answers everyday questions. What do I do next? What did we agree? What happened? etc... There is no other information.

You are then asked to give all your personal details, home address, phone, email, etc to get it. That's it! They give you nothing and you sell them your soul. Then you are allowed to get the download.

Would anybody actually do that?

Just downloaded Dark Radiant and there is a huge advert on Soul Forge's download page which summarised:

Managing Email: The top ten challenges:

Email is the nervous system of most companies. It answers everyday questions. What do I do next? What did we agree? What happened? etc... There is no other information.

You are then asked to give all your personal details, home address, phone, email, etc to get it. That's it! They give you nothing and you sell them your soul. Then you are allowed to get the download.

Would anybody actually do that?

Always bet on stupidity. I'm sure some people might be foolish enough.. I've started to despise and hate advertisements and it typically puts me in a difficult situation because I realise I cannot buy the product. Doing so would support the company which made the mind numbingly annoying advertisement.

On the internet side, I'm using adblock and TV side.. Well I don't watch TV anymore. If I do watch, I'll watch it from the digibox so I can fast forward over the ads.

If you want to see a good commercial, here it is. It is selling chicken minced meat in the good ol' soviet Estonia. Back in those days, they knew how to make a good and well structured ads.. ;)

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

:laugh: Very funny, that Miracle Whip spot. (well, not really) Here in Germany they haven´t dared to make ads like that one, until now at least.

I can´t stand ads. Because of them I nearly don´t watch TV anymore. They´re annoying and create antipathy for the product/manufacturer, but it´s still working ´cause your mind gets to know them and you can´t erase it.

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

If you want to see a good commercial, here it is. It is selling chicken minced meat in the good ol' soviet Estonia. Back in those days, they knew how to make a good and well structured ads.. ;)

ROFL!! That is awesome!

What I'm really sick of here in the U.S. are all of the pharmaceutical ads. The ones actually aimed at selling the consumer an over-priced medicine (which does more harm than good) are bad enough, but there are several which only advertise companies, meant for investors to buy stock. Those are really annoying because the ads are vague and the consumer at home watching the ad goes "WTF was that advertising??".

Hmm... most annoying ads... I suppose a talking Golden Retriever who likes eating baked beans is pretty bad. Or cartoon bears trying to decide which toilet paper to wipe with. I suppose the ad I hate the most features a woman at an airport talking to random people about what laxative they should be using. Most beer ads suck too (but so does their product), Samuel Adams being the exception.

Edited by PranQster

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

Most beer ads suck too (but so does their product), Samuel Adams being the exception.

:blink: LIES!!! Sam Adams does suck. And beer ads are awesome (except sam adams ads). It's nice to know I can always come home, turn on a TV at night, and be secure in the knowledge that I can watch mildly amusing yet mindless and pointless content that is linked to a completely unrelated beer product by only a similarly mildly amusing tag-line that has something to do with the 'quality' of the beer. makes me want to go out and buy some immediately while whistling the corresponding jingle. tastes like carbonated capitalism!

Must be the society we live in. I'm convinced in 100 years time historians will look back at this era and be astonished that we had to live with this effluent. Rather like when we look back at the Victorian era and the state of schools, prisons, orphanages, and sewage in the streets, smog, slavery, lack of women's right to vote, and so on. Sometimes hard to believe that we live in a society that bombards us night and day with infantile, agressive, intrusive, false, time-wasting hypocrisy. I almost prefer the sewage in the streets.

I think most advertising is in mass media and "mass shopping" locations. It's possible to not watch TV, not go to the movies, and not shop at popular teeny-bopper malls and outlets. You would avoid most of the advertising in life that way. Lots of people do it, it IS an available option.

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif