The Dark Mod Forums

HI GUYS!

Jerboa

Welcome back! We could need your help :) Did you ever finish the gallows and did we forget to put them in?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

I still have the gallows where I left off with it on my back up drive. I'll dig it up to see what state it is in.

Real life got in the way that needed my attention. Which left me with very little time to do anything else.

I appreciate the kind words about the guillotine. But, it would not have looked as good as it is now with out

all the expert advice of the team that was given to evolve it.

Im currently involved in another side project. But, if you are seriouse and would like to pick up where I left off.

I'll gladly e-mail you it.

Also, I have recently discovered that the guillotine we made is being sold by a 3dshop website.

I did not give them permission and Im pretty much positive you guys did not either.

This also includes the wine press made.

Here is the url to the website in question.

Guillotine:

http://www.3dshop.org.uk/product.php?products_id=112&sessionid=833851bcb17b66a11c1d635b9b7b3ee0

Wine press:

http://www.3dshop.org.uk/product.php?products_id=133&sessionid=833851bcb17b66a11c1d635b9b7b3ee0

I have e-mailed them asking to take these items off. But, Ive recieved zero response back.

Maybe you guys can better help with this.

Also, on that site is a 3d sharpenning stone that an old buddy of mine made. He was the one who got me

started with the wings3d modeler that I still use to this day. He was also an advicate for giving back to

3d_chat worlds. By donating models to people to use to dacorate there 3d virtual worlds.

All in all any suggestions will be welcomed.

Ty

Chances are their entire business model revolves around scouring the net and snatching up free content to sell as their own.

You can look up the registrar information for the website URL. That may yield some real contact information like an address or phone number. But it's unlikely that you'll be able to convince them to remove the content unless you can get a lawyer involved.

BUMP

If a lawyer could donate any spare time. Then that would be great.

I'm still researching and contacting other sites. Including the host of his website.

I've done a whois and I plan on reporting him to the BBB as well as other advocate sites.

Also, micro-soft IE and other browser sites may add him to the scam sites list.

Community support would be great. If they also could get involved in the contacting process.

Maybe even contacting the site itself and expressing disapproval.

Or starting other threads at other advocate or consumer protection sites ect... and so forth.

I will keep yall updated and I really appreciate the caring responses.

Ty

I have just emailed a complaint to his domain hosting company and Nominet -

To whom it may concern,

The following website as listed as hosted by your company -

Domain name: 3dshop.org.uk

Registrant: Mr Paul Jones

Registrant type: UK Individual

Registrant's address: 2 Manor Road, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5NN, United Kingdom

Firstly:

Regarding the following models listed on this website -

http://www.3dshop.or...c1d635b9b7b3ee0

http://www.3dshop.or...c1d635b9b7b3ee0

These models belong to and were created by the Darkmod team (www.darkmod.com) & (http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/11749-hi-guys/page__p__232451entry232451). Mr Jones DOES NOT have permission to use them let alone sell them the cheeky git! Either he removes them forthwith or he will face legal action.

Secondly:

How can he be using a .org domain address when he is not a registered charity?

Edited by Bikerdude

That's:

www.thedarkmod.com

Biker...

"www.darkmod.com" is a nasty cyber-squatter site... (thank you FF noscript add-on).

(although... the Domain Host may deserve the fallout from visiting the wrong site anyway... :laugh: )

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

got a reply from nominet -

Thank you for your email.

The Team Leader of our Customer Services department, James Middleditch, is looking into the situation and will be in contact with you shortly.

If you have any further questions regarding this please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

Louise Maishman

PA to Director of Operations & Director of Finance

Nominet

Minerva House, Edmund Halley Road,

Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4DQ

Tel: +44 (0)1865 332358

www.nominet.org.uk

Edited by Bikerdude

BUMP! this thread.

Great work Bikerdude!

A 3rd party advocate site verified the name Paul Jones and his address.

Also, they were able to get the paypal e-mail address he is using to receive monies from those models.

pauljones_5@hotmail.co.uk pauljones(with an uderscore)5

It would be great if we could drum up more people support and responses on this.

This too could happen to you.

In the event this misfortune does proper info will be available here.

I will continue to keep you updated.

Ty

BUMP! this thread.

Great work Bikerdude!

A 3rd party advocate site verified the name Paul Jones and his address.

Also, they were able to get the paypal e-mail address he is using to receive monies from those models.

pauljones_5@hotmail.co.uk pauljones(with an uderscore)5

It would be great if we could drum up more people support and responses on this.

I will prepare a voodoo doll of the person in question and stuff it full of poison needles. P. Jones is gonna be in the world of hurt once I get the doll ingredients.

Hmm..

*unfolds an ancient scroll*

Let's see now:

• a piece of their clothing
  • a bit of their hair
  • an internal bodily fluid
  • a piece of one of their ancestors' bodies.

This might take a while...

Black Magic Humor aside, I really appreciate the efforts to get to this guy. The insolence of using free material and selling it as their own is intolerable. I hope he gets what he deserves...

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.