The Dark Mod Forums

Found: royalty free textures that we can use

Bikerdude

Evening

I've just signed up to a website (1 month@ $9, 30/60, Hi/Med, images per day) that has a lot of high qaulity textures. If anyone want a specific texture let me know.

http://texturelib.com/

post-496-0-21478500-1383253516_thumb.jpg

The website's terms of use -

All images are taken by my own cameras and edited by me. They are free for commercial and non-commercial use

with the only limitation: you are not allowed to sell or distribute original or slightly modified images alone or in packs.

You can only distribute them asan integral part of your product. Credit texturelib.com if it is possible.

Texture library © 2013 Dmitriy Chugai

I emailed the guy who runs the site -

On Behalf Of Admin

Sent: 04 November 2013 15:36

To: b1k3rdude

Subject: Re: Texture use and permission for The Darkmod.

You can use the textures in The Dark Mod and in your map, It would be great if texturelib.com was mentioned somewhere.

Best regards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013/10/31 b1k3rdude

I have signed up to your website as I need some texture for a fan made map I am making. The licence we use for the mod is creative commons which I believe is compatible with your licence - http://en.wikipedia....ki/The_Dark_Mod

Kind regards

Perhaps we should just mail him and get him to give us permission to use them under a different license. Since they would need to be moved to CC-BY at least. However I think that since they would be integral to the project that would be fine by his wording (sadly, its a bit too vague to know if we can really re-license them to CC).

The author is in the games industry (prev. level design for Crytek, founder/lead mapping for Creoteam), so he might very well be interested in being asked.

if that rooftile is highres it might make a nice replacement to that garbage we are still working with (last i checked). It looks pretty shadowy though, which i understand is not a good thing.

seems like this source could certainly be a wealth of goodness in any case.

Edited by ungoliant

Another rather awesome place for textures is also http://www.cgtextures.com and they offer you 15 mb for free per day

Good news!

Hi

Smashing thanks and we will of course mention you! We always put where the texture cam from in the material files and additionaly I will I credit you in the readme for this map!

Thanks again

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Behalf Of Admin

Sent: 04 November 2013 15:36

To: b1k3rdude

Subject: Re: Texture use and permission for The Darkmod.

Hi!

You can use the textures in The Dark Mod and in your map, It would be great if texturelib.com was mentioned somewhere.

Best regards

2013/10/31 b1k3rdude

Hello

I have signed up to your website as I need some texture for a fan made map I am making. The licence we use for the mod is creative commons which I believe is compatible with your licence - http://en.wikipedia....ki/The_Dark_Mod

Kind regards