The Dark Mod Forums

Video response to FenPhoenix 'LetsPlay' of Sir talbots collateral.

Bikerdude

Never change!

(And hope you are getting better)

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

I keep trying to explain about focus, how my eyes may be looking somewhere else than your eyes, and how occupying one's brain with speech - and thinking about what to say next - can and does cause attention-split between the game and the talk, and blah blah blah, but nobody seems to ever acknowledge me. :\

Fair comment and acknowledged, but to be fair I was very toung-in-cheek (brit humour) about that aspect of your gameplay. Where you should have no issues by now when playing is movement, specifically mantling & leaning etc.This should IMHO be second nature to you with all the play-time you have under your belt.

Actually, the rope arrow was never supposed to be obvious. When I put it there I was fully aware that it is very easy to miss and I was counting on that. The intention was to hide it in plain sight. I was talking about the vines that you missed. But it wasn't meant as a complaint; I'm just interested in how people play the mission.

Anyway, keep doing what you are doing. :)

You get a thumbs up from me, Fen.

(still hoping you're going to play A Reputation to Uphold and find that easter egg I left for you)

You get a thumbs up from me, Fen.

And a thumbs up from me too!

You're a great letsplayer Fen, don't let anything sway you from thinking that. Sure you might make some mistakes here and there but don't we all! Overall though you're funny and entertaining to watch, I really enjoy watching you go through levels as you always bring an interesting perspective to things, especially when I was watching you play through my levels the way you approach situations I had laid out is usually different to what I was expecting which made it both funny and educational as i've taken ideas from how you've played and incorporated it into improving my upcoming fms. So thanks for that! :)

Hope your throat is getting better as well!

I watched many Let's Plays where the Let's Player, even after hours into the game, doesn't get the basic principles of the game, like a guy who didn't at all get the lockpicking in Skyrim, although that's so straight forward that i got it after picking one lock... or they completely forgot what they wanted to do in the last episode, which was uploaded 3 days before... as has been said, i don't think Let's Plays are made for perfect gameplay. Actually i still don't quite get the point of them tbh. Some are fun to watch though, especially when the Let's Player doesn't scream like a pig, or is overly excited, or tries hard to entertain, which many of them do. Most of the time i get bored after like 3 episodes though, especially when you notice that you'd have a completely different approach, and you get slightly annoyed when the Let's Player does this or that which doesn't make sense at all. :P

I don't believe you here......You didn't know you have separate keys for readables, keys, lockpicks, etc? I'm not sure if you're trolling here.

Not at all, I didn't know about that key, I've always played TDM the same way as I play T1/2(which dosent I dont believe has a key for the lockpics). But now I know about said keys I will make a point of using them!