The Dark Mod Forums

Beta Testing 2.06

grayman

This is caused by incorrect comment character.

It's currently ";" and it should be "//"

Replacing all the semicolons with double forward slash fixes the warnings in console.

Agreed.

I double-checked the syntax in the original Doom3 *.cfg files and comment lines should indeed start with "//".

Can't think of a reason why we would've changed that.

Pls file a tracker and we'll get it fixed at some point.

Agreed.

I double-checked the syntax in the original Doom3 *.cfg files and comment lines should indeed start with "//".

Can't think of a reason why we would've changed that.

Pls file a tracker and we'll get it fixed at some point.

This should be fixed in Rev 14966:

http://bugs.thedarkmod.com/view.php?id=3861

somehow the package process is not including updates to this file?

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

The problem appears to be folks not reading my comment at the top of the file, added in 14649.

"grayman - The official version of this file is

./devel/release/default.cfg. If you need to make
a change to default.cfg, do it there and copy the
new version to ./default.cfg. The file ./default.cfg is
NOT included in a release, but is a convenience for
anyone running TDM from their copy of SVN."
The updates to trunk/default.cfg should have been made to trunk/devel/release/default.cfg, and then the whole file copied to trunk/default.cfg.
The former gets shipped.
The latter is a convenience for folks running out of SVN.
So in new shipments after 14966, folks did not receive the correct updates to default.cfg.
Someone needs to copy the latest trunk/default.cfg to trunk/devel/release/default.cfg to make things right, then commit the latter and post the rev number here so I can merge the rev to 2.06.
  • Like 2

The problem appears to be folks not reading my comment at the top of the file, added in 14649.

"grayman - The official version of this file is

./devel/release/default.cfg. If you need to make
a change to default.cfg, do it there and copy the
new version to ./default.cfg. The file ./default.cfg is
NOT included in a release, but is a convenience for
anyone running TDM from their copy of SVN."
The updates to trunk/default.cfg should have been made to trunk/devel/release/default.cfg, and then the whole file copied to trunk/default.cfg.
The former gets shipped.
The latter is a convenience for folks running out of SVN.
So in new shipments after 14966, folks did not receive the correct updates to default.cfg.
Someone needs to copy the latest trunk/default.cfg to trunk/devel/release/default.cfg to make things right, then commit the latter and post the rev number here so I can merge the rev to 2.06.

Rev 15188

There should be no need to repack something that is expected to be packed as needed already. That functionality looks like an artifact from the past, that could be removed now.

Unfortunately, I cannot agree with you. There are still user-packed pk4.

But the pk4 bug is reproducible everywhere, so it will be fixed..

RenderSystem.cpp

I'm starting to build the next package, but I can't merge rev. 7383 of this file from the trunk to the 2.06 branch.

Could someone from the set of people who've been working on this please create a 2.06 working version of the file, and commit it to the 2.06 branch?

This is an example of why we need to shut down 2.06 as soon as possible; the code and assets are beginning to diverge in ways that require a lot of manual hand-holding for me to get a usable 2.06.

Thanks.

RenderSystem.cpp

I'm starting to build the next package, but I can't merge rev. 7383 of this file from the trunk to the 2.06 branch.

Could someone from the set of people who've been working on this please create a 2.06 working version of the file, and commit it to the 2.06 branch?

This is an example of why we need to shut down 2.06 as soon as possible; the code and assets are beginning to diverge in ways that require a lot of manual hand-holding for me to get a usable 2.06.

Thanks.

Do NOT merge 7383. I already merged the equivalent to the 2.06 release branch.

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18982-tdm-206/page-22?do=findComment&comment=420482

Thanks. :)

interaction.fs

This one is having the same problem: massive conflicts trying to merge.

Could those responsible for this create a 2.06-compatible version and commit it to the 2.06 release branch?

(I will get this done, I will get this done, I will get this done ...)

thanx

• Like 1

I'll take a look.

I think the easiest way to resolve this is to take the current SVN interaction.fs and simply copy->overwrite your 2.06 Release version and merge that change.

Take the current interaction.fs from where? trunk or 2.06?

Are there changes in that file that we haven't cleared for 2.06?

Trunk.

I have tested the trunk interaction.fs in my local 2.06 beta and it works as expected.

The only thing that breaks compared to SVN is "shadow maps" (r_shadows 2) which are unsupported and buggy in 2.06 anyway.

Can someone else confirm If the pagan orb particle is broken under 2.06, the following particles seem to be missing -

• textures/particles/p_lightning6 - cant find any material or image files for this.
  • textures/sfx/vp1 - I see the vp1.tga file, but no material def.
  • textures/particles/bfgballblast - cant find any material or image files for this.

Bump.

interaction.fs

This one is having the same problem: massive conflicts trying to merge.

Could those responsible for this create a 2.06-compatible version and commit it to the 2.06 release branch?

I merged [15171-15173] from trunk into release2.06 branch and committed the merge in 15190.

You'd better do this merge again (there will be no conflicts this time) in order to record the merge in the mergeinfo prop of the root directory.

The next package build is ready for testing.

15181 – Russian strings update (skina)

15183 – 4760: fog port fix (duzenko)

15186 – Workaround for 4779 (nbohr1more)

15188 – Correct devel/release/default.cfg (nbohr1more)

15189 – Fixed horse turn animations again (arcturus)

2.06 Security Camera def is no longer available, deferring to a new T2-like design in 2.07. (grayman)

glprogs/interaction.fs should now be correct

• Like 2

On a random note, can I confirm we did disconnected vsync from DMAP..?

Yes I too would be interested in knowing that, dmapping does feel a lot smoother in 2.06 but that could just be a placebo effect.

Dmap has been decoupled with vsync since 2.04 but it seems that uncapped FPS makes it go even faster in 2.06.

I believe that r_useMapBufferRange makes it go even faster still but leaving that on during gameplay can lead to a few rare render glitches so you'd want to toggle it off for play testing.

Hmmm.

Fog is fixed in most places but it seems that NHAT 3 (forest) is wrong in some way. It could be the custom water materials

because that seems to be where most of the artifacts are.

Strangely, this is not happening in SVN (trunk).

Dmap has been decoupled with vsync since 2.04 but it seems that uncapped FPS makes it go even faster in 2.06.

I believe that r_useMapBufferRange makes it go even faster still but leaving that on during gameplay can lead to a few rare render glitches so you'd want to toggle it off for play testing.

I was actually seeing being very slow for me, which i found odd as I was working on a very small map at the time.