The Dark Mod Forums
wesp5

Issues in 2.08 final

6 hours ago, joebarnin said:

Looks like I need to fix my "Mission of Mercy" FM. It is broken now - I guess I didn't see that notification.

Is this a mission where you have to enter a deposit room at a bank? Because I remember having the same issue there! Also it probably can't be fixed for everybody as the affected doors might be different.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 4:00 PM, duzenko said:

No idea then

Surprise, it happens in ioRTCW too !  ( https://github.com/iortcw/iortcw )

So it's driver-side......

I load a savegame and got 40 FPS. Look around -> 60 FPS (no vsync enabled) -> Wait some time -> 40 FPS  again!

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

54 FPS -> 39 FPS after a savegame load.....man, NV OGL driver is behaving erratic :D

The scene is the same (no moving around, no turning around)

io-Wolf-SP-x64-2020-09-04-09-20-47-664.j

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Found the culprit!

The G-Sync.....

Disabling it problem got solved in TDM too!

Edited by lowenz
  • Like 3

It seems that in OpenGL it doesn't work right (better, it works but it introduces some quirks).

On 9/1/2020 at 4:08 AM, wesp5 said:

Couldn't this be fixed for all missions by readding numberwheel_lock.script with the changes you added?

To be honest, removing the "unlock on open" feature sounds like better idea.

If it is possible to create custom scripts which make doors openable with it enabled but not openable with it disabled, then it is the only way to go.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, stgatilov said:

To be honest, removing the "unlock on open" feature sounds like better idea.

I agree. I always had this activated but honestly I can't really remember a situation where it was actually necessary.

• Like 1

Hey y'all. My missions are not appearing in the mission page. I can see them in the fms folder but the game is not recognizing any of them including the ones in the game.  I downloaded a few and nothing. 😕

20 minutes ago, Taquito. said:

Hey y'all. My missions are not appearing in the mission page. I can see them in the fms folder but the game is not recognizing any of them including the ones in the game.  I downloaded a few and nothing. 😕

What folder path did you install TDM to?

• Like 1

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)