The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: A Night in Altham

joebarnin

8 hours ago, joebarnin said:
  Hide contents

I'm puzzled - there's a crate in the warehouse lift, but it's not empty. It actually has some loot.

Interesting.  Probably user error then.  Possibly I grabbed the loot through the chest while trying to open it?  I can reload to an earlier slot from before entering the building and have another look - otherwise it's possible that I wasn't able to highlight it.

Either way, if it's just loot that's less of a concern.  I was more worried it was part of a puzzle I had missed.

EDIT: Okay, with the stuff in the chest, I cannot frob the contents in my main savegame, it simply doesn't work.  However, if I wind back to an earlier point from before I entered the building, it will work.  Strange.

I still can't find that key, though.

Edited by tapewolf

On 1/29/2024 at 3:09 AM, tapewolf said:

I still can't find that key, though.

Sorry, my mistake. There is no key for that grate - you have to throw a switch that's at the guard shack. Sneak up behind him and you can throw the switch over his shoulder - he doesn't notice lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What a masterpiece you people have created!!!! Is surely on the very top of the missions I have played so far. The docks area was absolutely lovely, so much that I  hesitated to enter the mansion, even after fulfilling the optional loot goal on expert, as I wanted to keep searching the area for ever. All that crazy mandling all around!!!!! 

And, then, here came the mansion!!!!  ;)

Thank you all for your great work!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

I just opened the grate, and I'm facing a gas hazard now. Thought that the pipe might lead somewhere, especially as there is a non-openable grate leading to the cellar of the adjecent building, but, couldn't find anything.

Any way to turn off that gas, or are we just supposed to walk through it and lose health?

Edit: Nevermind. Found out how to do it. ;) 

Edited by chakkman

Finished this up yesterday and for the most part, found it enjoyable. :) The puzzles weren't too hard as your clues were good for them. 

Spoiler

This was a huge mission but loved the different sections. Stealth score wasn't the greatest (lost most of it in the sewers) as I had to alert some to get them to run over the mine. lol. Had to check here for the crown location, so thanks for pinpointing it. I didn't find out about the brick in the basement until later (knew there had to be a reason I could go there, just didn't find it) so climbed the beam (and singed my butt lol) getting pass the gas in the tunnel after dying to see if the body was Alan.

I also had trouble spotting the holes in the secret walkway (forgot about the peek action) then couldn't see the combo as I'd already been to Conrad's room and put the candle out. lol - note to self lol

Thanks for lots of arrows for the spiders, some took many, and I was thinking I might have to noclip by them but eventually they died. I didn't put two and two together to light the flame at the end of the cave, so thanks for the hint here. I couldn't take Alan's body back so had to hope the note would suffice for my good deed. I got 4 out of 2 so that was good. 

Thank you for all your hard work and I look forward to more missions from you. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

It was a weird mission, that's for sure. And you put a lot of original ideas into it. I appreciate that.

The machines were very convincing. I don't know if you made them or if they're part of the new edition, but they are excellent quality.

The game needs dirty water texture for its canals. And dirty building blocks.

It's very cool that the doors consume the keys.

The floor textures look strange on walls and ceilings.

It took me a little bit more than 9 hours to finish it.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Gerberox said:

The machines were very convincing. I don't know if you made them or if they're part of the new edition, but they are excellent quality.

The steam engines are pre-fabs, so no credit for me. I don't know who made them - I agree, they are nice.

Conrad Turner's room.

I am having difficulty with the cupboard and combination lock in one of the apartments. I can't find any books or papers giving any clues.  I watched a walkthrough on youtube but no answers there. Can anyone help ?

1 hour ago, MPMcguire said:

Conrad Turner's room.

I am having difficulty with the cupboard and combination lock in one of the apartments. I can't find any books or papers giving any clues.  I watched a walkthrough on youtube but no answers there. Can anyone help ?

Have you found

Spoiler

the crawspace behind the rooms? (access from the manager's office). Then, use the Peak function to look through the holes in the wall. The combo is 

Spoiler

written on the back of a desk picture frame

Spoiler